What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding ebooks to kindle app

Reddwarf4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Managed to add some of my own MOBI ( non Amazon ) ebooks to the iPad kindle app, buy emailing myself the files..

I would now like to add some decent artwork, such that in the kindle library it shows as though a book cover.

Have researched, but keep going round in circles, confusion between kindle and kindle apps abound, plus never ending iOS versions, with all the changes Apple love to make....

So is there an easy solution please

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe the Kindle app will let you import PDF's the same way you imported the MOBI books. If the first page of the PDF (the only page?) is the artwork then I will probalby display as the cover art. I'm not sure of this, but that would be the first thing I would try.

Well, that's what I'd try if I wanted artwork in the Kindle app. I'm not sure why you want that. I'd rather have my artwork in the Photos app, or perhaps some other app dedictated to art.

OP
R

Reddwarf4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the kindle app is opened it lists the books. And to the left is the artwork.....it appears for downloaded books but not ones I have added

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When the kindle app is opened it lists the books. And to the left is the artwork.....it appears for downloaded books but not ones I have added

Oh. I don't know how to fix that. I suspect it's a matter of of the MOBI file format, that a piece of artwork in the file must be tagged (or otherwise set) to be the cover artwork. Perhaps the software you used to convert the book (if you used such software) has a settings or option.

I often purchase DRM free books, but I prefer to import them into iBooks. Of corse, they have to be in ePub format for that, but most independent book sources offer all the common formating options.

Most reactions

Latest posts