What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessories for an ipad4

JudyAnn54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought my first ipad and I'm not taking it out of the box until I buy a good case for it. With my iphone, I put a protective clear cover on it and put an Outterbox on top of that. Do they sell protective clear covers for ipad's also? What do you suggest for a good case for it? Do they sell some sort of stand for the ipad? Is there any other accessory for the ipad that I would need?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Judy

MadJoe86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought my first ipad and I'm not taking it out of the box until I buy a good case for it. With my iphone, I put a protective clear cover on it and put an Outterbox on top of that. Do they sell protective clear covers for ipad's also? What do you suggest for a good case for it? Do they sell some sort of stand for the ipad? Is there any other accessory for the ipad that I would need?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Judy

I'd say by now everyone knows that I am a huge fan of the Otterbox Defender. It is the best case on the market IMO. It has memory foam in the back cover, to prevent scratching the back of the iPad. Also features the built in screen protector that is flawless. And the Otterbox also features and stand/screen shield. It covers the screen when you are transporting the iPad preventing scratches and crushing of the screen. Also doubles as a stand with 3 different viewing angles. Get it. You will love it. As far as other accessories, I just have the Otterbox and some spare cables. Never seem to need anything else.

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

OP
J

JudyAnn54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi MadJoe86,
I went to Best Buy and I did see the Otterboxes. Will it fit the ipad4 with retina display? On some of the ipad cases it says it's good for ipad2 and ipad3. I haven't come across any cases that say that it will fit an ipad4.

Judy

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi MadJoe86,
I went to Best Buy and I did see the Otterboxes. Will it fit the ipad4 with retina display? On some of the ipad cases it says it's good for ipad2 and ipad3. I haven't come across any cases that say that it will fit an ipad4.

Judy

If the case fits the iPad 3, it will fit the iPad 4. The only external difference between the iPad 3 and 4 is the dock connector.

MadJoe86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the case fits the iPad 3, it will fit the iPad 4. The only external difference between the iPad 3 and 4 is the dock connector.

That is exactly right. No physical difference other that the size of the port cover.

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts