What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC to Use Grey’s Anatomy to Re-Launch Sync iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ABC_sync_app.JPG

PaidContent reports today that ABC is about to announce the re-launch of its Sync iPad app, which will be boosted on its return to the App Store by the ABC smash hit show, Grey’s Anatomy. The app, which ABC launched in collaboration with Nielsen last year, is designed to synchronize extra content to your iPad to complement the programme that you are watching on your TV. Kind of like an iPad version of a friend sitting next to you on the sofa chipping in with interesting facts about the programme. PaidContent says that Sync was initially launched last September with a new TV show called My Generation, which unfortunately proved to be not the best of showcases for the app, as it was soon cancelled due to poor ratings.

“We went back and said, ‘Let’s try this again with a show that we know is going to be around for a while,†Rick Mandler, vice president of digital media at ABC said on Friday at Hill Holiday’s TVnext conference.

Although Mandler didn’t mention any specifics about what fans can expect from the Grey’s Anatomy-themed Sync app, PaidContent says that it will probably be similar to the content included in the My Generation version, which featured polls, quizzes, and Twitter tie-ins to get people talking.

Source: ABC To Revive Sync iPad App With ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ | paidContent

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is their problem... Tying it to one show. It should be able to be used with all of their new eps on their channel and people would use it. I hope that's their plan going forward as I don't have interest in downloading 20 apps for something like this

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Grey's Anatomy fan here. I can't watch the shows live due to my location, but I do download them, hopefully it will still allow me to use the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts