What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A mural in progress.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This mural was commissioned as part of the Cathedral Village Arts Festival in Regina, Saskatchewan.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

More to follow.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be even more beautiful when it's finished.
It'll take about a week for this artist and another, who's doing the right half of the wall, to finish. Weather permitting, of course.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It'll take about a week for this artist and another, who's doing the right half of the wall, to finish. Weather permitting, of course.

Hi Scifan.. - love the mural and will enjoy seeing your upcoming posts - :)

I love wall murals and wish that I'd taken more pics on our trips - not to really hijack your thread (let me know?), but one of my favorites is in Bristol, Tennessee on the Virginia border - in 1927, Ralph Peer (from Victor Records) recorded Jimmie Rodgers & the Carter Family, i.e. the start of recorded Country Music - the wall mural is next to the recording site which no longer exists. Dave

In August 1927, while talent hunting in the southern states with Victor Records he recorded both Jimmie Rodgers and the Carter Family in the same session at a makeshift studio in Bristol, Tennessee, known as the Bristol Sessions. This momentous event could be described as the genesis of country music as we know it today. Rodgers, who later became known as the Father Of Country Music, cut "The Soldier's Sweetheart" and "Sleep, Baby, Sleep", while the Carters' first sides included "Single Girl, Married Girl".
brisvt3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Scifan.. - love the mural and will enjoy seeing your upcoming posts - :)

I love wall murals and wish that I'd taken more pics on our trips - not to really hijack your thread (let me know?), but one of my favorites is in Bristol, Tennessee on the Virginia border - in 1927, Ralph Peer (from Victor Records) recorded Jimmie Rodgers & the Carter Family, i.e. the start of recorded Country Music - the wall mural is next to the recording site which no longer exists. Dave

View attachment 64796
That's a very good mural, thanks for posting it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scifan.. - looks like spray paint in cans is being used, a common practice these days - I'm assuming that those 'dripping' green paint lines at the bottom right will be covered? Do you know how the theme pertains to the building and/or location of this mural? Thanks - Dave :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan.. - looks like spray paint in cans is being used, a common practice these days - I'm assuming that those 'dripping' green paint lines at the bottom right will be covered? Do you know how the theme pertains to the building and/or location of this mural? Thanks - Dave :)
The mural is part of the Cathedral Village Arts Festival, held on the week of the May long weekend every year. This mural will only be here for one year. Every year the new mural is painted on top of the old mural. There are other, permanent, murals in the neighbourhood which have been there for 15 years and longer.

The building is a convenience store, it's only importance is that it provides a big wall for large murals. For all I know the dripping paint might have been deliberate. We'll have to wait and see what it looks like when completed.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's going to end up as a fabulous mural sci. Quite talented work. I'm somewhat surprised the artist is not wearing a respirator mask of some sort as those spray cans would be far from health-giving.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
I have seen other artists use respirators when doing this kind of artwork, but not this one. He paints a new mural on this wall every year and I've never seen him use one.

Most reactions

Latest posts