What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9.3 Update

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad2 is stating that the software is up to date on 9.2.1. Does anyone know if there is delay in distributing the new update to older devices?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How is your internet connection? If your connection isn't strong enough, the update may not show. My iPad 2 is updating right now, without any problems.
Have you tried connecting your iPad to iTunes on your computer and using the update function? If the update function doesn't work, try the restore option. This will erase your iPad and install the latest operating system. Before starting, backup your iPad and use the backup to set up your iPad when the restore is finished. After set up is finished, you'll have an updated iPad with everything intact.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Scifan, Thanks for your quick reply. I think my internet connection is okay. I updated my iPhone and MacBook without any problems yesterday. I have just tried moving the iPad closer to the router, but still no joy. So, I will try and update it via iTunes later and maybe do a restore to liven it up a bit!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple stopped signing iOS 9.3, because there were problems with "older" devices (iPad Air, iPhone 5c, e.g.). That might be the reason why you see that your iPad is up to date.
They're working at a fix for this problem.
Not all older devices were affected, though. I updated my iPad 2 last night and the update went perfectly. I'd be interested in knowing why not all older devices had the update problem.

I just have 1 iPad 3 left to update so I guess that will have to wait until the problem is fixed before I try.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not all older devices were affected, though. I updated my iPad 2 last night and the update went perfectly. I'd be interested in knowing why not all older devices had the update problem.

I just have 1 iPad 3 left to update so I guess that will have to wait until the problem is fixed before I try.
I wouldn't consider my iPad Air an older device, but it's one of the devices that can be affected as well. The ID I'm using there right now, was certainly not the same that was used when I set it up for the first time. My update, too went without problems.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Joanne and scifan, Thanks for the heads about Apple not signing the latest update for all iPads. I had wondered if my iPad 2 knew something I didn't! I am glad your update went well Scifan.
I will try it on another WiFi faster connection today, and thanks for the link about activation.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again! The 9.03 update has just appeared, ready to download and instal. Thanks again to both of you for your help.

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On iPad Air, it downloaded the update automatically while plugged in. It won't install. It tries to verify the update and then says you're not connected to the Internet.

In iTunes, it's saying that 9.2.1 is the current version and I'm not connected to the Internet.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
9.3 is not available for the iPad Air at the moment. Apple stopped signing the software for this and other iDevices.

Most reactions

Latest posts