What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.1 beta has camera roll

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, early pictures show that 8.1 beta does indeed have camera roll. Maybe Apple really do listen !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, early pictures show that 8.1 beta does indeed have camera roll. Maybe Apple really do listen !

You're right, iOS 8.1 beta certainly does have the camera roll folder. Here's a screenshot from my iPad 4.
image.jpg

To get back the camera roll in iOS 8.1 beta you have to turn off iCloud Photo Library (beta), which, when turned on, will store all your photos and videos in the cloud where they can be accessed from all your devices.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scifan57. It seems that apple are trying to get everyone to use the cloud. Personally I only have one device, and have no need of the cloud. I don't like being forced in this way.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan57. It seems that apple are trying to get everyone to use the cloud. Personally I only have one device, and have no need of the cloud. I don't like being forced in this way.

And if you use the cloud for everything, there goes your data usage through the roof.

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And if you use the cloud for everything, there goes your data usage through the roof.

I know. I have many gigs of photos, far more than any of the free services offer, and I'm not prepared to pay for extra storage.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I agree. It's fine using it for shared documents or whatever but it shouldn't be the default option. I still prefer most things to be stored locally on whatever device I'm working on and then I'll instigate sharing them if I choose to.

Most reactions