What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

64 GB is the Most Popular iPad Model

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
That's odd I would have guessed the 32GB since its in the middle. I have the 64GB and its WAY too big....its impossible to fill. And with 3G I don't really see a point to getting anything bigger than 32GB since you don't have to store anything on the device. I have a 32GB iPhone and dont store any music or photos or anything on it and have 16.5 GB free. So I could see getting a 32GB iPad 3G (Would prefer 4G!!!!) and never filling it.

Impossible? I have over 100 gigs of music on my desktop.

That seems a little excessive.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
That seems a little excessive.

You can never have enough music!! Or at least I can't...112gb and counting

How many songs is that?

I have about 10,000. I've also got audiobooks and podcasts. It's great to have my entire collection with me anytime I want, without the hassle of synching, especially when traveling for weeks or months. I don't care for cloud storage much, either.

I could easily fill more space with more photos and movies, too.

Frenchroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
How many songs is that?

I have about 10,000. I've also got audiobooks and podcasts. It's great to have my entire collection with me anytime I want, without the hassle of synching, especially when traveling for weeks or months. I don't care for cloud storage much, either.

I could easily fill more space with more photos and movies, too.

Around 20,000

fhwidjaja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yap. Take the ultimate one . Go for 64.
Like win 7 ultimate 64 . Lol

Ready to Learn

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The younger you are the more chances that you will purchase the 64 3G since you are more likely to download more music and games. Paying $500 for a 16G is a waste of money unless you just want to read e mail, surf the net and be more selective in apps.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The younger you are the more chances that you will purchase the 64 3G since you are more likely to download more music and games. Paying $500 for a 16G is a waste of money unless you just want to read e mail, surf the net and be more selective in apps.

Or if you value your money and find no reason to throw 64 gb of music on a tablet when you have a phone with 32-48gb of space. Also, a young person is more technically inclined most likely and realizes that you can stream your own music with any number of apps and don't need to actually have it sitting on the iPad.

Also, no need to be selective with apps at 16gb.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt that buying apple products is about value. Perhaps is about social status, simplicity and ease of operation. I will not want to place a ceiling on my media devices and save money.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
`

I doubt that buying apple products is about value. Perhaps is about social status, simplicity and ease of operation. I will not want to place a ceiling on my media devices and save money.

Well good for you. The point is that a VAST majority of iPad buyers choose the 16gb wifi model, no matter what or how many surveys say otherwise.

AppleInsider | Notes of interest from Apple's Q1 2011 conference call

Q1 2011 Average selling price of iPad $600. Only 1 model under $600. Its fairly simple math to figure out which is the most popular model.

Jiggskc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
squisheddiorama.com
drumlab said:
Impossible? I have over 100 gigs of music on my desktop.

Yes, I've got a whole 500GB Western Digital MyBook HD full of music but who is going to listen to all that music at once? I don't even put music on my iPad2 16GB Wifi - that's what I've got my iPhone4 30GB / iPod classic / & nano for. I find that I use the large screen real estate for other apps. And to be honest, I'm not going to use this thing as a GPS. I'm not tromping through the woods or hiking carrying my iPad. Just saying. Me and my girlfriend decided that you almost buy two ipad2's for the cost of the largest iPad2. money better spent towards an upgraded iMac with LION on it. Buy storage elsewhere. Pick your apps. Know what you are in the mood for, & sync. How many books do you honestly read at once? I primarily use the device at home in connection with my AppleTV2, tweeting, get glue'ing and when I'm reading blogs, books, or using a dozen or so apps. Comic books are brilliant on the device!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions