What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 officially released today Mar 9

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed today...two observations:

1. AVRCP is still stuck at 1.0 level functionality..won't send track titles to my A2DP device.

2. Homesharing is fantastic.

MisterKay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Isn't the actual capacity always a few GB below the advertised capacity?

Before iTunes was update to the current version, 16GB capacity was detected and displayed in the itunes. Now on 14GB is detected. Wonder what is the reason behind it

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Perhaps you have go change the iPad settings in iTunes again to make the iPad appear in Windows Explorer?

Not that I can find. It also does not show up in device manager nor in Safely Remove Hardware List.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this homesharing dies not extend passed your local network?? What's the point? I have speakers on my computer....you've been able to do this with audiogalaxy for a while, and you can use it outside your network! Go the other way and let me send media from my idevice to my mac and I'll be impressed!

Reaction score
Home Sharing simply works. There is a 3-5sec lag when first starting the movie, but after that completely smooth.

It is very neat, as this allows for carrying the screen (iPad) around without having to worry about cables: The movie (video+sound) gets streamed from PC/laptop and the iPad then streams the music on to an APE.

Hopefully iTunes will get updated too, to allow streaming video audio to AirPlay speakers, as it makes life so much easier when working with a laptop

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I've never noticed this before but for the first time my iMac came up on my iPad and vice versa on blue tooth. I tried to connect and at one point the same two numbers came up and I was connected to my mac. Then I tapped the connect and disconnected and wasn't able to duplicate it.

Are we suppose to connect via bluetooth our macs/ipads? Is this something new with 4.3 or is it that I've never noticed before?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Isn't sounding like 4.3 is livin up to the hype, it seems.

Hmm. Whose hype? Or which hype are you looking at?
Give us a link to the claims you are comparing to.

So far, everything seems to be exactly what I expected to see, from all the official news I have seen.

Easy, the forum's hype up of it. Most were expecting multitouch gestures n major speed boost in safari. So far it seems hit n miss on the speed boost. Apple left out the multitouch gestures on this update. Homesharing is working. Plus Apple made it seem that this update was gonna wrk wonders for ipad1. Maybe we have to give it some more time to read more thorough reviews on 4.3. But so far, nothing about it sounding good enough to make me loose my untethered jailbreak over it. I have too many tweaks that IMO outperforms new 4.3 update. Juss saying

Reaction score
iOS 4.3 may not be a huge upgrade, but it is the little things that make it enjoyable to use and AirPlay streaming YouTube audio is something I thoroughly enjoy.

I used to have a 5m audio cable in my living room, this length was needed to not give up portability, but having the sound completely wireless is much more comfortable.

Has anyone tested AirPlay with existing apps? Apple made it sound, as if only supported apps will be able go use it, I.e. the app developers would need to update their apps, haves far all apps I have tested support it. Radio apps, games such as N.O.V.A, SymphonyPro, etc. That all my apps support it is a welcome surprise. I had expected it to take weeks for developers to update their apps.

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One would think that Apple would publish an instruction manual for iOS 4.3, but nothing to be found on it's web site!

Does anyone hqve q good url for an overview-instructions for the newer features?

Reaction score
Heaviside said:
One would think that Apple would publish an instruction manual for iOS 4.3, but nothing to be found on it's web site!

Does anyone hqve q good url for an overview-instructions for the newer features?

All information about iOS 4.3 features can be found on the Apple website:
http://www.apple.com/ios/

For HomeSharing, add your account under Settings->iPod and that is pretty much all you can possibly set up with this update, the rest just works right away.

Joseph liong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine upgraded.But now seem 3G network sometime work,sometime dont.I dont know what the problem it is.how to reinstall os 4.3 again?
Thanks in advance..

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, they did it again. They Killed my Wireless. This has been an issue since I got it, but the last update 4.2 actually fixed it. I have a Cisco Wireless at work, I am one of the lan admins, and at least mine will not work with it anymore. Just like pre 4.2

nothing special about our network. Just WPA Enterprise, PEAP, tkip, and radius authentication with hidden ssid's

A bloody internet tablet having so many issues with Wireless. I get reports every other week with users not connecting to services all around the world. Seems the Apple quality hype is just that...hype.

Most reactions

Latest posts