What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 officially released today Mar 9

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm most excited about Dolby 5.1 with Apple TV LOL. I read through all the upgrades plus watched a video. Some nice things but maybe Airplay might be my most fave plus if Safari is faster.

Reaction score
Diane B said:
I'm most excited about Dolby 5.1 with Apple TV LOL. I read through all the upgrades plus watched a video. Some nice things but maybe Airplay might be my most fave plus if Safari is faster.

AirPlay now supports Dolby 5.1?

Apple better release an Airport Express with 5.1 audio output then.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have one question: can I now organize my email into my own folders? If not, why should I upgrade (downgrade)?

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
So where is the Personal Hotspot? I don't see any reference to it (searching) on either iPhone4 or iPad. Is this a carrier-controlled feature (I'm on Rogers)?

Safari shows a noticeable and welcome speed boost.

Cheers,

For the iPhone4 Hotspot configuration is found in Settings>General>Network>Set Up Personal Hotspot

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
I'm not sure about that but you definitely need the new special adapter to do mirroring with hdmi. That adapter I have not seen yet...

Well, we know for sure that mirroring will not work with iPad 1.

On stock configuration, yes. If iPad jailbroken and u have Display out app from cydia, mirroring is done with ease ;-)

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
jkhonea said:
For those saying finger gestures doesn't work, did you enable it in settings?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Setting isn't available in settings. Only the choice for the hardware switch.

Yup, just read that the boneheads decided not to release gestures on this. I'm normally not irritable with Apple, but that one does annoy me. That was the main thing I was looking for. If they release the ability to turn it on in jailbreak, that will be my breaking point to jailbreak it.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Isn't sounding like 4.3 is livin up to the hype, it seems.

Hmm. Whose hype? Or which hype are you looking at?
Give us a link to the claims you are comparing to.

So far, everything seems to be exactly what I expected to see, from all the official news I have seen.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IIRC, I use to see the iPad on Windows Explorer. After 4.3 it is no longer visible. Thoughts?

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts