What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G - On or Off?

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When not using 3G, is it better to leave on or turn off? Any significant battery savings if turned off?

Thanks.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always turn 3G off when I can get Wifi. Not sure what the power savings are though.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It probably drains the battery a little, but doesn't seem to be much. I used to turn off GPS and Wifi/3G depending on exactly what I needed. Now, I've gotten lazy and just leave it all on since the battery lasts all day no matter.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never turn anything off...just let it use what it needs when it needs it...my iPad rules me....

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I leave it off until I specifically need it. I got my 3G after the door closed on unlimited plans, don't use that often, just the 250mb so it seems safer to just leave it off.

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also feel that leaving 3g might be used when you're not thinking about it, such as push, location services, and other stuff like that...

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also feel that leaving 3g might be used when you're not thinking about it, such as push, location services, and other stuff like that...

exactly... when you turn the screen off no more wifi so no push notification no push email... 3G takes over when wifi is off so your always connected...

CaseShop.se

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.caseshop.se
You always save battery when wifi and 3G is one. It´s not much, but some magazine wrote that you save between 3-5 % when the 3G is off and 4-7 % when the wifi is off. The text is in a foreign language, but you can still check it out about the ipad. And even iLounge has a good test about the battery. Check it out!

Most reactions