What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 email accounts?

Clas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from a rainy Stockholm.
We have installed a Yahoo email account on our wifi pad through settings and whould like to install a second account. have tried both Yahoo and gmail but getting error messages. Is it possible to have 2 accounts registrerad and open them up by the mail icon?

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say 'we' it sounds like a couple. In that case you may need to know that mobile devices are very personal, different than a regular computer where you can even have separate login accounts.

Im guessing the solution is to get another browser from the AppStore like Opera, then proceed to create a sepatate mail account, then keep that browser for emailing.
In any case, you need to create email accounts from the browser first.

Once the accounts are running, you can switch from the Mail menu in Settings to correspond separately. Seems to me the iPad may be confused as to who's boss.

Of course you may consider Gmail since they're much more userfriendly.
Once the Gmail accounts are set, get the Google App at the AppStore and use that for one of you and the the main Mail for the other. Of course there is no privacy between you two, because the main iPad account is always open but the Google can be logged in and out.

Hope I didn't confuse you further. :D

Last edited:

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible to have 2 email accounts. I have 2 on the Mail app that came with the iPad. Perhaps if you posted the error messages you rec'd, we could be more helpful?

OP
C

Clas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I got it to work now. No email privacy as you pointed out. No problemo. Clas

Most reactions