What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same email keeps downloading

Kitmos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I get email and delete it-and empty the trash- the next time I check for email I get the same emails that I just deleted. This can happen 5-10 times in a row before permanently deleting. This is with a Pop acct. Gmail seems to be ok most of the time.Very frustrating as I don't have this problem on my Mac and, of course, most of it is junk mail so there is no way to filter it on an iPad.

Sounds like the e-mail app is just copying the e-mail off the server and leaving it on there instead of having your e-mail app get the e-mail and then delete it from the server.

I am new in here. When I try to delete emails, a box comes up saying ''unable to move item to Trash'' The Trash folder has every email since we got the i pad.............about 2 weeks.

What do I have to do?

I am new in here. When I try to delete emails, a box comes up saying ''unable to move item to Trash'' The Trash folder has every email since we got the i pad.............about 2 weeks.

What do I have to do?

Try logging into your mail account from your computer and erase them. It may just be your trash folder is full. Keep in mind that the iPad is for the most part just views some of the latest emails on your account not all of them so there is probably more in there than you can see on the iPad.

I have emptied the Deleted Items folder in Outlook express. Still no luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back