What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad4.... Screen problems?

gazjam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, first post.
Literally using IPad for about ten minutes!

On any white background at any brightness there is a "blue shadow" along the bottom and one of the side edges of the screen.
Quite disappointing as any other IPad I'd seen at the Apple Store was perfect.
Is this normal? It's a lot of money and I had assumed the screen would be perfect. I bought my iPad from Apple online, can I take it to an Apple Store?

I

Is this normals

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. It's not normal. Take it to any Apple Store for the Genius Bar to take a look at it. Chances are they will replace it on the spot, so make sure you back it up first if you have any data on there you don't want to lose.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

naina afridi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i have this problem too..if someone's know about this then tell us

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
naina afridi said:
Yeah i have this problem too..if someone's know about this then tell us

See above. Hardware faults are beyond the ability of this forum. They exist, and Apple's Genius Bar is the place to go. This is the advice we will always give in this situation.

OP
G

gazjam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that was quick thanks Guys!

I will take it to my local Apple Store.

So the screen should (all things perfect) be bright white edge to edge with no shadows, dips in lighting at the corners etc?

Thanks.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The display should be uniform, with no differences in light or brightness.

The retina display is incredibly difficult to manufacture, so there are instances where substandard machines find their way into consumers hands. Apple are pretty good at honoring their warranty, so you should get it replaced with no problems.

OP
G

gazjam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much, will arrange an appointment.

*EDIT* Appointment made for this Sunday Afternoon.
What a fantastic service, my first tablet (well..second...I am having all sorts of return/replacement schenannigans with Big G "the other guy" :( and I ended up asking for a refund.)

This is so much easier.

Great forum btw, will post on welcome area soon!

Last edited:
OP
G

gazjam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, will I need to take in the Ipad box etc with me to the Apple Store?
thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gazjam said:
Just a thought, will I need to take in the Ipad box etc with me to the Apple Store?
thanks.

It wouldn't hurt. Also, before you go to the apple store do a full backup of your iPad. If they give you a replacement iPad, you can set it up from the backup you made.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm currently under the impression that if you do a password encrypted backup, you have less work to do on the restore, because a lot of passwords and such will be remembered when you do the restore. Would be nice to get some confirmation, however.

OP
G

gazjam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.
Would the backup be made to iCloud or is there a better way?
Just got the thing yesterday, will need to read up on how to do it. :)

Have to say, after a day of using I like it a lot more than the Nexus 10 I had.
Nexus screen SLIGHTLY sharper but you really have to go looking for it to notice and even then..meh.
Nice product but I dont think its ready for primetime yet. The Ipad is worth the premium paid.

Its the Apps though...wow.
Installed the Tivo app for Ipad and being able to access all the features so easily is gonna change the way I watch TV

Love my Ipad...great tech investment.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gazjam said:
Thanks.
Would the backup be made to iCloud or is there a better way?
Just got the thing yesterday, will need to read up on how to do it. :)

Have to say, after a day of using I like it a lot more than the Nexus 10 I had.
Nexus screen SLIGHTLY sharper but you really have to go looking for it to notice and even then..meh.
Nice product but I dont think its ready for primetime yet. The Ipad is worth the premium paid.

Its the Apps though...wow.
Installed the Tivo app for Ipad and being able to access all the features so easily is gonna change the way I watch TV

Love my Ipad...great tech investment.

You can do an iTunes backup while connected to your computer. You can also backup data to iCloud. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Call me paranoid but I have a hard time doing any backup to icloud that might contain personal information................encrypted or not.
Just don't trust my information hanging out there somewhere with no control over it.

I always backup through iTunes to my computer hard drive.

Most reactions

Latest posts