What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wi fi

marie.houley66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only new to the ipad ,I would like to know what I need to do to be able to download more than the 50mb or more,window pops up with wi if not connected.have tried various combinations in settings ,and followed advice from a family member. Using THE NEW IPAD with retina display and wifi. And Telstra 3 G ,prepaid. Can you advise what setting need to be at to enable downloads

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marie,
Is your iPad wifi only? If it is one that can be used on a cellular network plan then you will get that message. The message will say that you have to connect to wifi to download apps that are larger than 50 mb if you are connected on the cellular network.
Let us know what kind of iPad you have to help you figure this out. :)
If you only have a wifi only iPad and are using a portable hotspot I don't know why the portable hotspot would have a limitation. Is there nearby wireless hotspot that you can test out your iPad? Some place like a library or fast food restaurant?
If your iPad has both wifi and cellular (3G/4G) you should be able to turn off the cellular data connection when you are using your wifi so the wifi will take precedence and you should not experience the 50gb limitation.
Oh, a way to tell if you have a wifi connection is if you see an icon on the top left hand side that has a dot and two arcs above it when you are connected to a wifi signal. You may only see one arc above the dot if you are not receiving a good enough signal.

Most reactions

Latest posts