What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What headphones or earphones?

iJD3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhh now this is what I've just recently gone through again buying a new set of headphones to replace my old ones that have been through WWI and back.

I use www.iheadphones.com

My last set cost me £35 just over a year ago with a 3.5mm jack and full surround sound. They're audio technica's DJ style headset in white. Bargain price for the superb sound quality that they output even on max volume. No distortion or anything.

Friday I visited again to replace this headset and I got a wireless headset with a five star rating on everything like build quality and sound quality. And they are on par with dr dre beats studios for less than half the price at £50!

delport_p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
Which do you have and what type?

 Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF  cdf00 Add me on dragonvale please! GC - james_oc_24 ⚡

Hi I travel a lot in China, therefore Bose Quiet 15's Thank goodness for peace and music!

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a loaded question!

Akg k701s, ety er4s (plus amp and lod of course) for critical listening (classical mainly), monster miles Davis tributes for pop and most other genres on the go..

I've had so many headphones/iems over the years, it's really a great hobby to be into..

And if you're considering the beats, go to audiophile websites and look for comparisons to others. I've heard a few of their models (including their most expensive pair) and..if sound quality is your main concern - there's similar for much less available. Same for Bose, which I've also owned..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkmilklemonade said:
What a loaded question!

Akg k701s, ety er4s (plus amp and lod of course) for critical listening (classical mainly), monster miles Davis tributes for pop and most other genres on the go..

I've had so many headphones/iems over the years, it's really a great hobby to be into..

And if you're considering the beats, go to audiophile websites and look for comparisons to others. I've heard a few of their models (including their most expensive pair) and..if sound quality is your main concern - there's similar for much less available. Same for Bose, which I've also owned..

Liking the Ety and AKG combo going on. What Headphone amp have you got, I need to get one myself

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkmilklemonade said:

On campus a lot of people wear them. I noticed also when lifting a lot of people wearing beats when working out. I think its more or less for a fashion statement. I listened to beats and I think they sound like garbage. There are much better pair of cans you can get with the amount of money for beats.. lol. That's just me though :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out Beats before buying my Bose and found a good number of reviews about Beats falling apart, so I ruled them out.

I'm not a sound afficionado, but I tried on my Bose before buying them, and sound and fit worked well, so I went with them. When shopping for headsets, I want to try them on for comfort, but there aren't many instances when you can do that. I've bought other headsets online before and found one pair so unbearably uncomfortable that I couldnt use them at all.

I've had my Shures going on five years, I think, and they work like new. Service also was great when I couldn't figure out which size replacement ear pads to order for my earbuds. Shure sent me a freebie packet in every size. When I buy stuff, I consider more than price; I want reliability, service and value.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts