What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Sync With (Mac or PC)?

What do you sync (or plan to sync) your iPad with?

• Total voters

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I sync between 2 different PCs, both Windows. One, my work machine, is Windows XP (still...) and my home machine is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Both have been flawless.

I have a script run before logout on each machine that syncs my whole iTunes library, copies the iTunes directory to my portable HD where my music lives, so that each machine is a complete mirror. I used to have a 3rd PC, but I sold it a while back because I really didn't need it anymore.

I have been doing this with my iPods for 5 years before my iPad and it has worked flawlessly the whole time.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Originally synced via win7 but find it just seems smoother using iTunes on the mac.
Purely subjective but then I try to have as little to do with iTunes as possible. Should add the pc had twice the ram of the mac.

One thing about the iPad that I really like is small fast apps that do just the one thing. Starting to loathe large office apps that are slow loading with too many confusing menus and options.

Holmes Alex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a saint, who's name escapes me who said: "Flee from places of immorality & decadence as one would flee from the plaque."

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently syncing with my PC, running OS X, to see if Itunes is any better in the Mac world.

Itunes does appear to run a little better under OS X (which isn't really all that surprising, I imagine Windows Media Player would probably run better under Windows were a Mac version available) but the same general limitations are present under both systems.

boudewein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Apple to enable wireless syncing of my music playlists.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
PC's are catching up!
It's surprising how many are syncing with PCs, I would not have predicted that it's nearly even. (Just would've expected a lot more Macs.)

More people use PCs than MACs in the world, why would you expect more MACs? Because it's an iPad forum?

I don't use MAC because it would cost me too much money to switch over. Not in hardware, but in software.

Most reactions

Latest posts