What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website

Ronfromcocoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can access my credit union from my iphone, but I cannot access it on ipad without putting in a temporary password every time. Private browsing
Is turned off. Ios7 on both. Help and thank you
Ronfromcocoa

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can access my credit union from my iphone, but I cannot access it on ipad without putting in a temporary password every time. Private browsing
Is turned off. Ios7 on both. Help and thank you
Ronfromcocoa

Sounds like your credit union is using some kind of two step authentication.

Besides Private Browsing being off, go to Settings > Safari and make sure Block Cookies is set to 'From third parties and advertisers. You can also try turning off Do Not Track to see if it makes difference, though it really should not.

If you bank uses a pop up for logging in from a computer browser, you should also try turning off the Block Pop-ups switch.

Good luck.

Also, the usual fixes, if you have not tried them all.

----------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

Ummm.....you may want to edit your details on closing an app now with IOS7 TP.

We'll still have to keep the old way also depending on if they have updated or not. ;).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ummm.....you may want to edit your details on closing an app now with IOS7 TP.

We'll still have to keep the old way also depending on if they have updated or not. ;).

Good point.

To clear an app, you still double tap the Home button or use the four finger swipe up to reveal the multitask bar. Instead of tap-holding until the apps jiggle, just swipe up on the app's thumbnail.

I'll have to make the changes to my Evernote note.

Thanks again, Leelai.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good point.

To clear an app, you still double tap the Home button or use the four finger swipe up to reveal the multitask bar. Instead of tap-holding until the apps jiggle, just swipe up on the app's thumbnail.

I'll have to make the changes to my Evernote note.

Thanks again, Leelai.

Glad to help Twerppoet!

I found myself doing the same thing. :O

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The updated text, just to make sure it formats right.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ronfromcocoa said:
I can access my bank website on iphone but need to put temp. Password in every time when I use ipad. All private settings are off. Thank you Ronfromcocoa in Thailand.

Well, you could also try clearing Cookies and Data in Safari's settings. I don't hold much hope of that working.

If the auto fill stuff is on, try turning it off. Again, not a lot of hope here.

I'm going to copy this back into the thread, because it may help the next person. Best to keep the conversation there, unless you need to discuss something privately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you did it. That's why I chose you. Thanks much, Ron

No problem.

Would you please tell us which thing you tried you think worked? Might help the next person.

No need to PM me once I've replied to a thread. I'm subscribed at that point and will see any new posts. While I don't read every new thread ( Who can?), once I do choose to participate in a thread I will continue to post as long as I can think of anything that might help.

And if you do PM me, but I'm offline for some reason, you've missed the chance of getting help from one of the many other helpful and knowledgable people here.

So, by always asking and replying in your thread you increase the chances you'll get helped, and you're spreading the love for the rest of the forum, some who might need the same answer.

Which is why I'm replying here and not in a PM. Not to pick on you, because you didn't do anything wrong, but to spread the info as wide as possible. Of course this part is only my own take on how best to use the forum, but I think it's a good one, and in line with the intent of the forum's owners.

Take care, :)

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem. Would you please tell us which thing you tried you think worked? Might help the next person. No need to PM me once I've replied to a thread. I'm subscribed at that point and will see any new posts. While I don't read every new thread ( Who can?), once I do choose to participate in a thread I will continue to post as long as I can think of anything that might help. And if you do PM me, but I'm offline for some reason, you've missed the chance of getting help from one of the many other helpful and knowledgable people here. So, by always asking and replying in your thread you increase the chances you'll get helped, and you're spreading the love for the rest of the forum, some who might need the same answer. Which is why I'm replying here and not in a PM. Not to pick on you, because you didn't do anything wrong, but to spread the info as wide as possible. Of course this part is only my own take on how best to use the forum, but I think it's a good one, and in line with the intent of the forum's owners. Take care, :)

since loading iOS7, I have to log back in to registered websites regularly as I am getting logged out. I have tried the reboot, resetting my Network Setting , confirming my Privacy settings, etc. - Getting very frustrated while blogging, setting fantasy football lineup, using FB, or even my homepage with all my links setup for sites I use regularly for news, sports, weather, etc.

Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
since loading iOS7, I have to log back in to registered websites regularly as I am getting logged out. I have tried the reboot, resetting my Network Setting , confirming my Privacy settings, etc. - Getting very frustrated while blogging, setting fantasy football lineup, using FB, or even my homepage with all my links setup for sites I use regularly for news, sports, weather, etc. Any ideas?

If Safari's toolbar is dark gray then you are in Private Browsing mode. Close your tabs and look at the lower left on the screen to toggle it on/off.

The other likely cause is your Block Cookies setting for Safari. Make sure it is set to Third party sites an advertisers.

Most reactions

Latest posts