What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume turning down by itself

Kleshton934

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has been turning down the volume by itself since May. It began when the volume down button was stiff, and I soon discovered that upon pressing the volume buttons, my iPad turned the volume by itself. Angry, I decided to use AssistedTouch to get rid of the problem, but the iPad found a way round that, and has been turning down the volume at random times every since. It is extremely infuriating. Is there a solution to this other than blanking all of the data or sending it back to the store? I have a lot of stuff on my iPad and I would hate to lose all of it.

Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the useful tip, I shall keep it in mind. However, it does not solve my original question.
Going to the Apple Store and having a full diagnostic done should tell you exactly what's wrong with your iPad. If you make a full backup before going and Apple offers to replace it, you can set up the replacement from the backup you made.

Most reactions

Latest posts