What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to play any video, music, after moving IPAD onto another PC

grampus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a new PC, copied, reinstalled, moved all my videos, music etc to the new ITunes on the new PC
Both original and new PC were Win7. Itunes had been kept up to date, and the new PC, old PC were at the same revision.

All my apps, photos and other non playing items are there, work OK.
I have deregistered my old PC.
Anything to do with playing music, or video does not work
I can play all the music and video on my new PC.

The indication with each function is the same on my IPAD1. (vers 5.0.1)
The item is recognised, but when I press the play button, it does not advance.
I can Hi speed scrub any item, e.g. a video will move along and display what I expect to see at the time shown, but will not play
I also have a purchased version of tunein radio, it does exactly the same thing.
The app shows all my presets, recomendations. Anything I select, buffers up, but will not play.

I have placed a new video created by SnowFox on the new PC onto the IPAD, with the same result.

Have I missed something?

OP
grampus

grampus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have I missed something?
It seemed I missed the big hammer.
I did a version restore to resolve it.
Bit sad I couldn't find a switch to toggle instead.
Just blew my subscription out of the water, and I'm now throttled down to 64K for a few days.
Bother!

Most reactions

Latest posts