What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch screen won't work on safari

darmstrong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need some help please,

I can access the internet and change sites at the top of screen but the screen is shaded and the touch won't work. Everthing else works fine except on the internet.
Thanks,
Don

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is restart the iPad. Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, then slide it. After the iPad finishes shutting down, hold the power button down again until the Apple logo appears.

Melrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine refuse to shut down on top of safari problem. Now what, iPad repair? Thx for any help or suggestions.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't panic - time for a reboot...

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons together for about 15 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. Don't worry, it will eventually. The iPad will then reboot; it takes some time so be patient and then you're back to normal. Don't worry about it unless it occurs frequently; after all, how many times have you rebooted your PC?

Tim

Melrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help.
Before seeing your post I started opening the Internet by accessing it by clicking on apps like my bank of America app. Out of nowhere safari started working! Oh, the IPad didn't come with any instructions. Where is the home button?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The home button is the one on the front of the iPad. The power button is at the top right edge when you are holding the iPad with the cable connection at the bottom.

You can download iBooks from the App Store (for free). When you are looking at the bookshelf, tap on the Store button, then search for the iPad Users Guide for iOS 4.3 and download it (also free).

You can download a PDF version of the book here: Apple - Support - iPad Just click on the Manuals icon and download the most recent version. There are a couple other manuals there that you may, or may not find useful.

Another good free book you can get in the iBooks Store is MacWorld's iPad 2 Starter Guide.

In the App Store, the AppStarter for iPad app is also worth getting, and also free.

That should get you started learning about your new toy. :)

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW, in the iPad box there is a small, easily overlooked card that has the buttons labeled on one side (which reminds me that the power button is properly called the On/Off or Sleep/Wake button. On the other side are instructions for setting up the iPad for the first time and URL's for support and the manual.

Like I said, it's easy to miss. I don't remember seeing it myself, until someone else mentioned how Apple didn't tell you how to do anything. That seemed so strange to me I went looking for it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts