What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Think there will be any spring refreshes from Apple?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With apple releasing the new iPads and macs in October last year, and the iPhone and MacBooks in the summer. Will there be any kind of event from apple this spring?

The only things I can possibly think of is a new Apple TV (plans were sent to the FFC for approval sometime last month) and possibly a Mac Pro refresh.

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. I'd like to see a RD iPad Mini sometime soon myself.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tthe fact is if apple releases any new iPads in march a lot of folks will be upset at them. Won't bother me, though. But a new mini and a new iPad so soon will, IMO, hurt their image with customers. Also, the Mac Pro owners will leave apple if they don't update that device. I personally would like to see a 4th gen Apple TV. And, I would like to see a watch. It's time for some new products.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tthe fact is if apple releases any new iPads in march a lot of folks will be upset at them. Won't bother me, though. But a new mini and a new iPad so soon will, IMO, hurt their image with customers. Also, the Mac Pro owners will leave apple if they don't update that device. I personally would like to see a 4th gen Apple TV. And, I would like to see a watch. It's time for some new products.

AQ-do you have the Apple TV already?

I have the AppleTV3 and did the update today--took about 3 hours to complete.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I have the second gen ATV. I want a second one but am waiting to see if they introduce a new one. I did that update you mention late week or so and remember it taking a long time. I thought maybe the Internet was just slow or something.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah...I thought there was something wrong going on when the status bar seemed "stuck," but it was actually moving. I was very relieved when it finally finished part 1 do 2 after 2 hours. Geez--good thing I didn't have anything I planned on watching then!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

Sounds good but a watch? I saw that article on CNet about an iWatches and I'm wondering......how the heck are you gonna run or use apps on something that small? That's nutty! And, if its just a watch then what's the point? Very curious the cost and actual usefulness.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are getting smaller though, these days

aga6uba6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds good but a watch? I saw that article on CNet about an iWatches and I'm wondering......how the heck are you gonna run or use apps on something that small? That's nutty! And, if its just a watch then what's the point? Very curious the cost and actual usefulness.

I have a nano watch right now. I like that I can change clock faces....I need cooler, more functional clock faces...and it has a touch screen..music player, etc. And it looks neat, IMO, much better than a standard watch.

Frankly, I don't see anything nutty about it. I like having more than simple watch functionality on my arm. Put in some BT...I can image all kinds of things one could do in this space. The trick would be to not make it look too geeky or cluttered...or bright and shinny...I can't stand a flashy watch. Also, I find I don't really juse my smart phone for much that a fully enabled watch could do better.

Edit: Just happened across this a moment ago and thought it relevant:

RumorTT: Apple playing with wearable iOS devices :: TweakTown
Disruptions: Apple Is Said to Be Developing a Curved-Glass Smart Watch - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

On what one might do with a smart watch:

The Apple iWatch | askTog

See...some of this would be more useful than my phone! I hope they don't forget to make some changeable watch faces, too. Siri would work, too, here. I don't mind a few buttons and menus as those on the nano work just fine.

Most reactions