What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the most frustrating problem ever...

veggiop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fivefingers.me
Every time I sync my sister's iPad to our iTunes, it gets to transferring apps, then the iPad randomly unlocks and the sync keeps going in iTunes. This happened right before I updated it to 4.3.1, and even after I updated it to 4.3.1. My dad won't let me jailbreak it btw, so it's locked in jail right now. please help!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen this too, but haven't tracked it down to anything in particular. I am jailbroken, so it's interesting to hear you are not as I just assumed I had a badly behaving tweak that was doing something odd.
Having said that, the sync seems to complete OK, it's just the device doesn't look as though it is still syncing...

Anyone got any ideas?

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I sync my sister's iPad to our iTunes, it gets to transferring apps, then the iPad randomly unlocks and the sync keeps going in iTunes. This happened right before I updated it to 4.3.1, and even after I updated it to 4.3.1. My dad won't let me jailbreak it btw, so it's locked in jail right now. please help!

Hi
from Australia
I get a similar major upheaval every time there is an OS update and I do an iPad update.
I've had to recover by restore and reload about 9 gbs of stuff which causes a real pain in the butt.
Every time i would sync the iPad I would get asked did I want to update iTunes to the 10.2.1 or previously the 10.1.1 or whatever version, of course I clicked "yes" and assumed, (it being Apple software) that it would happen.
That just wasn't the case as I found out when the OS is updated and the sync blows up. My trust in Apple and my PC was clearly not justified.
Researched a possible cause by checking the iTunes version in "iTunes About" and found that none of the iTunes updating had happened, and I still had the originally installed version.
Riiiiight, had to start somewhere I suppose.
My research of the internet and Apple solutions to this hic-cup led me ultimately to the iTunes original download page, as though I had never had it on my PC before.
OK.
Downloaded the latest version and saved it to my "Updaters" folder from where I ran it as a new install.
On completion of the installation I verified I had finished up with the latest version.
I then went back to the business of restore and recovery.
It took a bit of doing but eventually the job was done, all the 9gbs of stuff was back on the iPad, and all I had to do was then put the bits and pieces into folders as required, reducing 9 pages of stuff back to about 4.

My concept of the required solution to preventing the problem in the first place, is to ensure that all the software both on the PC including the iTunes stuff is fully up to date before doing the OS update and sync.

I hope this may help.

regards
Terry

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem is similar. When I get the update notification I also accepted assuming Apple would allow all to happen without a hitch. Not so. My OS is Windows 7 X64. Each time I try to update iTunes by accepting the notification I get an error message telling me the Windows Installer could not be accessed. After this message appears I can no longer install other software!
I have done a system recovery, no fix. I have sent the laptop back to HP for repair, which was to do another system recovery. Needless to say I am getting frustrated at re-installing all my software over and over. HP has my laptop as I type, they are considering re-installing the OS again.
Has muons experienced this?
Th is last time I tried ti update iTunes I had my iPhone 4 attached, big mistake! I don't know how, but the phone went into recovery mode on it's own initiative. Now I have that to somehow restore all my apps, etc.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think that's happened to me before, doesn't seem to be an issue from what I've noticed.

And to everyone else, if you need help, ask for it in your own thread? This person is looking for help, comments, and suggestions, not other users describing their problems too.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:
And to everyone else, if you need help, ask for it in your own thread? This person is looking for help, comments, and suggestions, not other users describing their problems too.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it wouldn't work well that way. If 100 people have the same problem, it makes zero sense for them to all individually start 100 threads when one would suffice. Otherwise, it'd make for a rather messy, if not confusing, forum (imagine how many threads you'd have to sift through on the same subject before you came across one that actually had what possible solutions you're looking for). It's better others share their experiences in the same thread because there's bound to be someone who can learn from somebody else's post, especially if it contains some suggestions or clues that might work for some folks. That's what this is all about. Seeing other people reporting the same issue also helps you understand that it's probably not just an isolated issue between you and a couple of other folks, but that it could very likely be a widespread problem related to the device model or software in general that probably needs to be addressed by Apple, software developers, etc. Besides, folks mentioning they have the same issue DOES fall under "comments" regarding the subject, as they are-indeed-observations.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it wouldn't work well that way. If 100 people have the same problem, it makes zero sense for them to all individually start 100 threads when one would suffice. Otherwise, it'd make for a rather messy, if not confusing, forum (imagine how many threads you'd have to sift through on the same subject before you came across one that actually had what possible solutions you're looking for). It's better others share their experiences in the same thread because there's bound to be someone who can learn from somebody else's post, especially if it contains some suggestions or clues that might work for some folks. That's what this is all about. Seeing other people reporting the same issue also helps you understand that it's probably not just an isolated issue between you and a couple of other folks, but that it could very likely be a widespread problem related to the device model or software in general that probably needs to be addressed by Apple, software developers, etc. Besides, folks mentioning they have the same issue DOES fall under "comments" regarding the subject, as they are-indeed-observations.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I agree with what you say, which pretty much makes my previous post kind of pointless, but I've been on sooo many websites with sooo many questions, and they never have answers, just 20-50 posts saying the same as the first. After a while it just gets annoying seeing so many posts like the ones above. So, sometimes it helps to be a little bit of a douchebag and encourage people to look for a solution rather than nod in agreement. I probably didn't accomplish that though lol.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:
I agree with what you say, which pretty much makes my previous post kind of pointless, but I've been on sooo many websites with sooo many questions, and they never have answers, just 20-50 posts saying the same as the first. After a while it just gets annoying seeing so many posts like the ones above. So, sometimes it helps to be a little bit of a douchebag and encourage people to look for a solution rather than nod in agreement. I probably didn't accomplish that though lol.

To be fair, I'm not good at that, either. So we're in good company.

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"So, sometimes it helps to be a little bit of a douchebag and encourage people to look for a solution rather than nod in agreement. I probably didn't accomplish that though lol."

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Actually, I did look for a solution. Rather extensively, in my humble opinion. However, since I don't hang out in forums as much as some people, I am not quite as experienced as I obviously need to be. I also read the forum rules, entirely. Responding to comments such as this seems to me to be a large waste of forum space. It certainly is off-topic. A little help with the problem would have been much more appropriate. I hope you will forgive my inadequacies.
Ciao

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"So, sometimes it helps to be a little bit of a douchebag and encourage people to look for a solution rather than nod in agreement. I probably didn't accomplish that though lol."

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Actually, I did look for a solution. Rather extensively, in my humble opinion. However, since I don't hang out in forums as much as some people, I am not quite as experienced as I obviously need to be. I also read the forum rules, entirely. Responding to comments such as this seems to me to be a large waste of forum space. It certainly is off-topic. A little help with the problem would have been much more appropriate. I hope you will forgive my inadequacies.
Ciao

My apologies. But yes, I don't think it's a problem at all as it does it for me, and my friends' iPods lol. If you do encounter a weird error or something bad happens though, let us know.

Most reactions

Latest posts