What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncronising problem

Georcall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't syncronise with PC since upgrading PC. Ipad looking for previous computer. Can I delete ITunes on Ipad and computer and reinstall both hopefully to make current connection. Any suggestions welcome

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't syncronise with PC since upgrading PC. Ipad looking for previous computer. Can I delete ITunes on Ipad and computer and reinstall both hopefully to make current connection. Any suggestions welcome

While it's possible to remove iTunes from your computer, you can't do it on your iPad.

Your iPad is meant to sync with just one computer at a time. Before you try to sync it, you'll have to transfer your devices' music,... to the new computer with a 3rd party software, or else all will be erased in the process of syncing. Other possibility: transfer the iTunes library from your old computer to the new one.
Before connecting to iTunes on the new computer, make sure to enable "Prevent iPods, ... from syncing automatically" in Edit - Preferences - Devices (computer). Then connect your iPad. Go to Store - Authorize this computer and enter your Apple ID and password.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple answer: you can't. It's built in, like App Store, Safari, Calendar, ...

OP
G

Georcall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Again, Mate I have looked for Edit - preferences etc without success. Are these in the PC Control Panel or Ipad 2 settings. Have looked in both with no joy so a more detailed step by step would be appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience but your suggestion seems most likely to succeed if I can follow them. regards,George

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Again, Mate I have looked for Edit - preferences etc without success. Are these in the PC Control Panel or Ipad 2 settings. Have looked in both with no joy so a more detailed step by step would be appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience but your suggestion seems most likely to succeed if I can follow them. regards,George

Edit - Preferences ... will be found in iTunes on your computer, Edit should be in the menu bar. When you click it, a drop-down list will appear, one of the choices is "Preferences". Store should be in the menu bar as well. Click it to find Authorize...
When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password, click "Authorize".
Hth

Last edited:
OP
G

Georcall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please know I appreciate your help and I won't waste anymore of your time. There is no edit when I start ITunes from computer. What I get across the top is Songs Albums, Artist, genres Playlist Radio and on far right Ipad (which has various settings ) and ITunes Store. Syncing will have to wait

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please know I appreciate your help and I won't waste anymore of your time. There is no edit when I start ITunes from computer. What I get across the top is Songs Albums, Artist, genres Playlist Radio and on far right Ipad (which has various settings ) and ITunes Store. Syncing will have to wait

Johanna is talking about the main menu bar for iTunes on a desktop computer. On a Mac (OS X) this menu always appears at the top left of the screen. It changes depending on which application is active/selected. In Windows it is the topmost menu bar of the application's window.

Most reactions

Latest posts