What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stabilizing pics...

lucymoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to be able to switch a button on the upper right hand side of my ipad to keep a pic either in portrait or landscape mode. Since I downloaded updates, the switch no longer works; it now turns volume off and on. The pages or pics turning when you move the ipad is a pain in the butt.....does anyone else have this problem? I tried reverting to the original factory settings but it did not work.. Thanks.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The screen orientation lock is still there, its just somewhere else!

When you double tap the Home button, this brings up the multi-tasking bar at the bottom of the screen. Now when you swipe to the left, you will see the iPod controls as well as the screen orientation lock --

ipad63.jpg

But if you want to just wait until Friday 3/11, the new iOS 4.3 will give you the option of making that switch on the side the screen orientation lock (the way it was originally) or a switch to mute the system sounds (the way it is now).

Confused yet?

OP
L

lucymoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The screen orientation lock is still there, its just somewhere else!

When you double tap the Home button, this brings up the multi-tasking bar at the bottom of the screen. Now when you swipe to the left, you will see the iPod controls as well as the screen orientation lock --

But if you want to just wait until Friday 3/11, the new iOS 4.3 will give you the option of making that switch on the side the screen orientation lock (the way it was originally) or a switch to mute the system sounds (the way it is now).

Confused yet?

Thank you so much! That is GREAT information...and much needed help. Yes, it is exactly as you suggestion it would be.....you have no idea how much I appreciate that. :)
Thanks again,
Lucy

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are very welcome!

When you get some time, I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

OP
L

lucymoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you again for the advice....I will do that! Have a great day!

Most reactions

Latest posts