What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spotting an fake ipad

bashman40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys just joint your community hope you contribute to this forum and get back a lot though out the years.
i wanted to know how to work out if an ipad is fake or not? There must be some key things you can check when looking/using at an ipad.
I’m in the market for an ipad but not sure if to buy an ipad 2 or 3 at the moment. Just want to know what to look out for when purchasing one.

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey bash, are you looing to buy a new or used ipad? If you buy it from a retail store or reputable online shop then you wont need to worry about it being fake.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi mate,
Always buy from a reputable retailer, if there is a problem then you always have some recourse.
The serial # can be checked https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
Also check if it working and has the charger.
If you buy secondhand from a private sale then, emptor caveat, buyer beware! The price should give you an indication. Personally, I wouldn't buy such an item privately unless I really knew the seller.
I have an iPad 3 and no regrets.
Good luck

OP
B

bashman40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the link i ended up buys a new 1 from a store. that link you psoted was andey thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts