What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover IOS 6.0

tom010492

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

under general there was an option for smart cover lock on/off.

I updated to IOS 6 and now where it used to say Smart cover auto lock there is restrictions.

Has this option been moved elsewhere? or has it gone completely?

My iPad will noly lock on the lock button when it is set to off. I am unsure why. It currently set to on.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It should be just above Restriction, in the same group as the Auto-Lock and Passcode Lock options: iPad Cover Lock/Unlock

CoverLock.png

Tom101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should be just above Restriction, in the same group as the Auto-Lock and Passcode Lock options: iPad Cover Lock/Unlock

View attachment 26144

I had a look there, where it was before but it isnt there. It used to look like that until i updated to ios 6. Now that text in red in replaced with restrictions

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. To get it to show up I had to reset my iPad to the defaults and let the cover trigger a lock once before the option showed up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had a look there, where it was before but it isnt there. It used to look like that until i updated to ios 6. Now that text in red in replaced with restrictions

I am on iOS 6.

Try Joeyteel's suggestion and see if it helps.

I believe he is referring to Reset All Settings, which is found in Settings > General > Reset. This will not erase any apps, data, or accounts, but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them to your liking.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I am on iOS 6.

Try Joeyteel's suggestion and see if it helps.

I believe he is referring to Reset All Settings, which is found in Settings > General > Reset. This will not erase any apps, data, or accounts, but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them to your liking.

Yeah, that is what I was talking about. I actually thought I'd typed it out that way :)

Most reactions

Latest posts