What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sim or Sim not to be

bigandbald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in a dilemma I am not sure which sim to purchase for my ipad2, my current network for my iPhone 3 is Orange. I'm not a spend thrift but reluctant to pay an exstorsionent amount on a monthly contract which you are tied to for 18 months.

I have heard down the grapevine Argos are selling a pay as you use sim, which is half the price of oranges package! Apparently you Purchase with an accredited amount which is activated once used, then after 30 days it's gone. My quandary is this having to constantly take the sim out and replace with fully charged sim - is there a system similar to pay as you go where you just type in a code off a voucher and bobs your uncle.

I am from England and appreciate this thread will go worldwide to most of the Continents - I am interested in how you manage your sim and I am humble enough to listen and learn.

As Shakespeare said sim or sim not to be that is the question lol
B & B :)

Attachments

• Orange sim.png
    Orange sim.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
OP
bigandbald

bigandbald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks looks interesting - do you know how u top up is it by voucher or web thanks b & b :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on a '3' contract and top-up is via the web for sure, don't know if you can do a voucher top-up - not sure how that would work on the iPad. Even if your data allowance has expired you can always go to the '3' website and top-up. I like '3' because their entire network is 3G and not 2G/3G like all the other operators. So you're never forced down onto EDGE or GPRS, as you can often be on Vodafone, Orange etc. It's 3G and HSDPA all the way. Great for me because I live in a rural area where all the other networks are 2G and there's a '3' basestation in sight of my house...:D

Tim

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for comparison here in Australia iPad mobile data charges are all done on pay as you go SIM's and run in the Aus$8 - Aus$10 per GB range depending on how much you pre pay and over what period you want to be able to use the allowance.

Most reactions

Latest posts