What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short and simple review.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
msukc said:
I think it is great you like the device. But no one really seems to have any details why other than "its great". I guess I should've expected that from reading the title.

My guess is you are using the lame virtual keyboard and don't have enough energy to type a long review with it. Am I right?

I'll take a crack at a review, it'll be my first. Here goes... I didn't buy the iPad one because I was sure that it was a larger ipod touch. Boy was I wrong!

I ordered the iPad 2 on the Apple site but couldn't stand the wait, so I tracked one down at a target near me and I've been hooked ever since.

The user interface is intuitive. Not as customizable as other OSs but I'm not into that sort of thing so it doesn't bother me. The touchscreen is sensitive and responsive. It also gives the feel of a more integrated experience, as opposed to the remoteness of point and click.

It's the perfect size for a mix of heavy duty use and portability. It's a little heavy if your holding it in your hand for use, but if you've got a lap or another hand to trade off to you'll be fine.

The onscreen keyboard is good for quick searches, emails, or browsing. I purchased an external bluetooth keyboard to fill in the gap.

I have some pretty useful apps (iWork suite, iStudiez, Note Taker HD, and some others) that have made pen and paper useless. My pc laptop is now external storage.

I've competed a few term papers 8-12 pages in length without missing a beat, transferred key files via documents2go so I have them on hand whenever I need them and can open them in pages or edit them in doc2go without a problem. Web browsing is a dream, even without flash, and I generally enjoy using a product whose creators thought about the end user, not business as usual.

For the functions I need (iWork suite, productivity and utility apps, email, and quick and portable access to files) I love it. Between a great product, a useful OS, the app store, and the option to JB, I really think the iPad can just about be whatever you want it to be.

Hope this gives a little more info.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
I'll take a crack at a review, it'll be my first. Here goes... I didn't buy the iPad one because I was sure that it was a larger ipod touch. Boy was I wrong!

I ordered the iPad 2 on the Apple site but couldn't stand the wait, so I tracked one down at a target near me and I've been hooked ever since.

The user interface is intuitive. Not as customizable as other OSs but I'm not into that sort of thing so it doesn't bother me. The touchscreen is sensitive and responsive. It also gives the feel of a more integrated experience, as opposed to the remoteness of point and click.

It's the perfect size for a mix of heavy duty use and portability. It's a little heavy if your holding it in your hand for use, but if you've got a lap or another hand to trade off to you'll be fine.

The onscreen keyboard is good for quick searches, emails, or browsing. I purchased an external bluetooth keyboard to fill in the gap.

I have some pretty useful apps (iWork suite, iStudiez, Note Taker HD, and some others) that have made pen and paper useless. My pc laptop is now external storage.

I've competed a few term papers 8-12 pages in length without missing a beat, transferred key files via documents2go so I have them on hand whenever I need them and can open them in pages or edit them in doc2go without a problem. Web browsing is a dream, even without flash, and I generally enjoy using a product whose creators thought about the end user, not business as usual.

For the functions I need (iWork suite, productivity and utility apps, email, and quick and portable access to files) I love it. Between a great product, a useful OS, the app store, and the option to JB, I really think the iPad can just about be whatever you want it to be.

Hope this gives a little more info.

Couldn't have put it any other way! Don't forget the fun side, music, films, and for some games

iKersh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey mate, did you read 'Jasmynsway' review a little earlier in the thread? For a short and simple review attempt, it was pretty good; suggest you have a read of it (if you haven't already) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure we know what it is you are asking specifically, but the fact it is lighter and quicker and easier to use than a laptop, and the fact you accept a few shortcoming which is to be expected, tell us what you mean instead of repeating yourself. Have you got one, and if so tell us anything you think is okay, acceptable apart from great.

Last edited by a moderator:

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant piece of kit. Couldn't live without it. Portable enough to take anywhere and it does everything.

Pretty much sums it up - I LOVE MY iPAD.

annbrook21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
love it so much, and have it more than one year, will get one iPad 2 if my bf could buy it for me:)

codeX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A short and simple review for my iPad..
Its great and Im loving it.. lol..

Stone10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great review with short description. I am very pleased to use my ipad 32GB. I always stay tuned with my ipad. Because its gives me great pleasure and much enjoyment. Also i am giving 5/5 to my ipad.

Most reactions