What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restricting access to mail app??

Justmeuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I handed my iPad to someone (casual friend) for them to look at a few recent vacation pictures, went to do something for 5 minutes and came back up behind themand they were looking at my email..... I couldn't believe it! They were trying to figure out how to get out of it and at least ?? they had the decency to look embarrassed but WTH were they thinking??

I really wish they would create a password that you need to enter each time you access email. I will no longer feel comfortable handing my iPad over to anyone for any reason from here on out... a real shame.

kajko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree with the need to lock the email client. I often have my son play with my iPad and I don't want him accidentally messing with or deleting my emails.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can use browser based email..you can buy Atomic browser for 99c. It has the ability to password protect upon opening.

rblon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also think it is strange that you can't restrict access to the Mail app, while it is possible for Safari, YouTube, etc.

Anyway, you can get the same effect by
- turning you mail account(s) off in Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->"Your mail account"
- disallow account changes in Settings->General->Restrictions

(perhaps disallowing account changes is only possible since iOS 4?)

Most reactions

Latest posts