What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing pictures on my IPad

abby221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have pictures on my IPad at the bottom of the screen that says photos (it is a sunflower icon). When I open it up I can see my pictures but I want to delete some and I can't. I was able to get a delete button to appear but it doesn't do anything when I press it. What am I doing wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are these pictures that were synced to your PC using iTunes? If so, you have to delete them first on your PC and then resynch. Pictures that have been imported to your iPad from the PC can't be deleted on the iPad. Only pictures that have been imported to the iPad by some other means - perhaps email, for example - can be deleted on the iPad

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

abby221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is probably the answer I needed. Thanks alot. I love this site. Everyone is so helpful.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem - it can be a bit of a pain, I know, having to sync with iTunes.

By the way, several members have asked about setting up additional folders in the Photos app on the iPad. You can't do that on the iPad itself but, if you put your pictures into folders on your PC and then sync the PC and iPad those folders will transfer!! So the key is to organise all your photos first of all on the PC, then transfer them. You might even want to create additional empty folders that you could use on the iPad for photos you take and import directly at some time in the future.

Tim
Scotland

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that is why i got the app photosync its only 1.99 and you add and delete as you want from the ipad . do not like that can not delete from the ipad once you snyc with itunes

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts