What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with sky email on ipad 3

hardapple1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sky and yahoo accounts and until yesterday had a google account.

Today emails have been disappearing from my inbox.

Anyone have an idea on this?

The reason I deleted the google account was that I changed the password whilst setting up a new android phone on my laptop. Then the iPad asked for the we password but it does not recognise it

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you're talking about the iPad 3, I've moved your post to the iPad 3 forum where it will receive better attention.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Often the quickest way to fix a problem with an email account on the iPad is to delete the account and then add it again (using the new password).

As for the missing inbox items, do you have have a computer or other device checking the email account? The iPad will check for and download email (if it's not too long), but will not update email that has been moved or deleted until you open the Mail app. That means you will briefly see emails that have been moved or deleted using another device or computer, provided the iPad saw and downloaded them before they were deleted.

OP
hardapple1

hardapple1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have subsequently spoken to my techie son who tells me the problem is that I set up emails for approach on my PC using a POP account which downloads the emails from the server. Hence when going back to the iPad the inbox is empty. If I change it to an imap account hen the problem should go away!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you got if figured out. It didn't think of POP. GMail defaults to IMAP, and most people don't have access to POP on Yahoo.

Most reactions

Latest posts