What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos with tags on iPad

kiloran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2, my first experience of an Apple product for over 20 years.

I have a load of photos (around 5000) on a Windows 7 laptop, organised within folders within My Pictures. Each photo has multiple EXIF tags. On Windows, I usually access them using Google Picasa 3, which is fast and allows a simple and efficient search based on one or more tags.

Firstly, what is the best way to copy them to the iPad? I don't like iTunes, and I'm not overkeen on paying an extortionate £25 for their SD card reader dongle. And when I transfer photos, I'd prefer to keep the same filename and folder structure, and I must keep the tags.
I don't have any need to keep the photos synchronised between the iPad and laptop. I can (and would prefer to) manage that manually.

Secondly, what App is best for viewing photos on the iPad, which allows me to select by folder, and (more importantly) allows me to quickly find a photo based on one or more EXIF tags?

I had a chat with a guy in the local Apple store and he wasn't very helpful, suggesting that I need to transfer from an Apple laptop if I want to keep the tags.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's an app called Web Albums - A Picasa Photo Viewer, Uploader and Manager, Pixite LLC. It will make your images available on your iPad. There are two different tabs: Albums and Tags.
image.jpeg

If you search for "Picasa" or "Web Albums", you'll find it in the App Store.

Hope that helps.

OP
K

kiloran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app called Web Albums - A Picasa Photo Viewer, Uploader and Manager, Pixite LLC. It will make your images available on your iPad. There are two different tabs: Albums and Tags.

If you search for "Picasa" or "Web Albums", you'll find it in the App Store.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I was wondering about that app. There's very little detail about how the tag search works, but I did see a message suggesting that I can only search on a single tag by selecting the tag from a long list. And my list of tags is VERY long, so it would not be easy to use. I'm still waiting for the company to reply to my request with more detail about the tag functionality

Most reactions

Latest posts