What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to forum. Problems already

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just signed up to this forum , Forum looks full of info and was looking forward to searching through.

how ever somthing is wrong with this site, and i have got other friends to check also.

But
1. site is very very very slow.
2. Somthing on this site is killing my cpu usage !!

with 1 single tab open my quad core cpu is hovring about 44%
if i open 4 or 5 tabs of this forum 100%

now this is the only site that i have this problem with.
i can open 20 tabs of other sites and forums and no problems.

so is there a setting to reduce the load this site pulls ?

how does every one put up with it ?

I really want to look around on here but its almost to difficult with the way its running.

any help would be great

thansk

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just signed up to this forum , Forum looks full of info and was looking forward to searching through.

how ever somthing is wrong with this site, and i have got other friends to check also.

But
1. site is very very very slow.
2. Somthing on this site is killing my cpu usage !!

with 1 single tab open my quad core cpu is hovring about 44%
if i open 4 or 5 tabs of this forum 100%

now this is the only site that i have this problem with.
i can open 20 tabs of other sites and forums and no problems.

so is there a setting to reduce the load this site pulls ?

how does every one put up with it ?

I really want to look around on here but its almost to difficult with the way its running.

any help would be great

thansk

Tim

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Sorry to hear about this problem - I have been a member for three months and I can honestly say this is the first time I've heard this complaint. I use either my iPad or my Sony Vaio P and, by no stretch of the imagination, is a Vaio P a powerful computer - and they all work fine. Maybe other members will have some suggestions.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have FireFox 4 with 10 open tabs and my CPU usage is less than 1% to 2%. I have a Quad core w/hyperthreading @ 3 giga hertz, currently running @ approximately 1.2giga hertz, and 8gb of memory. You may want to run your anti-virus and malware programs. Look in Task Manager to see if your browser is really using that much cpu time or is it something else using the cpu time. Reboot and try again. This forum is not your problem, most likely it's a virus, malware or your browser. It could also be that your ani-virus or malware program is running in the background.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I cab browse from my iPhone super fast and have tried 4 pc's and 2 macs without issues I suspect you have a problem on your pc. Since I joined 12 months ago I have not experienced any issues and I log on several times a day from different computers and devices

OP
NVRENUF

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the links and help.

Yeah very strange with the site, virus woulndt explain why it is this site only though.
how ever does seem a lot more behaved this morning.

I am about 3 weeks away from my ipad getting delivered, First 1 i will have owned,
can't wait!

though the smart cover will be here this morning haha good on ya apple just what i need a cover and no ipad haha.

now that the site is behaving im excited i will goto work this morning and read all through it.

Im keen to find some apps for storing and accessing pdfs..

Thanks

tim

SGT360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD synching issue

Anyone help with why the IPAD2 will not sync movies and tv shows. I have never had issues with iphones etc

Most reactions

Latest posts