What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New IPad

M

moparherb

I've had my iPad Air2 for awhile now and was kind of thinking of a newer version. But it looks like Apple will only make the "Pro" as the newest. I really don't want a bigger device and I was hoping that in addition to the "Pro" there would also be a newer version in the current (or close to) size. Has anyone heard about a newer version of the Air?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had my iPad Air2 for awhile now and was kind of thinking of a newer version. But it looks like Apple will only make the "Pro" as the newest. I really don't want a bigger device and I was hoping that in addition to the "Pro" there would also be a newer version in the current (or close to) size. Has anyone heard about a newer version of the Air?
There's still the possibility of an updated iPad Air this year, we'll know for sure at the iPad Pro announcement in November.

OP
M

moparherb

Thanks for the information. I'll keep my eyes out for an announcement. From what I gather the original iPad size will not be discontinued in favor of the Pro. At least not right now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I'll keep my eyes out for an announcement. From what I gather the original iPad size will not be discontinued in favor of the Pro. At least not right now.
I'll be waiting as well.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

BOY! I should hope not - the 9.7" diagonal display (especially w/ retina technology) is fine for my needs, particularly 'on the road' - I use my 13" MBPro for a larger screen and more efficient OS for my purposes, so the iPad Pro would be a redundancy for me as to screen size, but then to maintain 3 different sizes for the iPad might be an issue for Apple? - will be interesting.

BTW - not planning on buying a Pro; also, my current iPad Air 2 should be fine for my purposes in the near future, and certainly until my Apple Care expires. Dave :)

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll be waiting as well.

I really doubt that you will see an update to the air this year. They pretty much spent an hour on iPads dturing the keynote, with no air 3 revealed. I am willing to bet there will be no more keynote events this year or new iPads besides what was already announced. Apples goal was to place focus on the iPad pro and get the mini caught up to its siblings. The air 2 is plenty of horsepower as is so any spec bump on that will just steal the spotlight from the Pro.

Most reactions

Latest posts