What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to compare IPad and Netbook

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
@JRomeo - If you're looking to do design work on a netbook I would advise against it, specially if you intend to use memory/cpu intensive applications like Photoshop. Remember that most if not all notebooks run Atom processors and usually ship with about 1-2GB of RAM...on top of that you probably will not get an HDMI connection on a netbook, I have yet to see it. Why is it that you're looking to use a netbook? Price point or size?

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WHOA there Game Boys! LOL

I didn't say I did Gaming, I said I play games that won't play on Mac platform. These are simple little girly type games (like find the hidden items) from a company called Oberon-media. The netbook is MORE than adequate for that usage. . . I wish Mac was supported, but that company doesn't, so I play with my little netbook for that.

I think we all pretty much agree that iPad and Netbook are NOT what Jromeo needs for his particular application. I have a Powerbook and I'm getting an iPad and I don't think it's redundant at all, I have completely different uses picked out for each of them. I could schlep around with the Powerbook and do everything with it, but I work on graphics only at home or the office, so why bother. Also it's much heavier than the iPad will be and not nearly as much fun as using a giant iPod Touch.
AND all work and no play makes "Jill" a dull girl. . . thus the iPad for reading, movies, music, simple games on the go in a size that I can see the text. For me, it's simply the best of ALL worlds!:D

Most reactions

Latest posts