What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie player

amtus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got my Ipad and need a bit of help.

How is the best way to get movies from my PC to my Ipad?

Do I need to download a movie player or how does this work?

Thanks!

A

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What form are the movies in? I use GoodReader to move videos/movies from my PC to my iPad - direct via WiFi - and then OPlayer to play them. But if the movies have been downloaded from iTunes, then just synchronise the iPad with your PC and the native Video app will play them just fine.

Tim

OP
A

amtus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the movies are mainly .avi and .mkv - so in this case i should use GoodReader and OPlayer?

Thanks for the help:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - that sounds good. GoodReader can play some formats of movie too, but OPlayer can handle most any format. Check it out at the App Store. If you find it doesn't work - there are so many variants of movie format it's impossible to be sure - it always easy to get a refund for an app; just call the toll-free Apple Support line with the iTunes transaction reference number and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

OP
A

amtus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I download a movie with GoodReader - how do I get OPlayer to play that movie?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS - the iPad's operating system - has an 'Open In' facility. So, you download the movie in GoodReader then 'touch' the attachment and a pop-up box or menu will appear offering you the option to 'Open In' and a list of apps that can process that type of file. OPlayer will be in that list - maybe other apps too. If you select OPlayer, then iOS will make a copy of the file to the OPlayer file area and move you to the OPlayer app, from where you can play the movie...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts