What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Montessori Crosswords Educational App Released for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-oRe-nFGk]YouTube - ‪Montessori Crosswords for iPad‬‎[/ame]​

Anyone with children of school age will probably be familiar with the famous Montessori learning method. Montessori Crosswords is an app designed by L’Escapadou studio founder Pierre Abel after he saw how much his daughter enjoyed playing with a Montessori picture-spelling activity. Beginner or fluent readers will be able to use the multi-level, auto-corrective crosswords to develop their writing/reading skills by building more or less phonetically complex words from a set of pictures. Packed with animations and sounds, Montessori Crosswords also features an animated Moveable Alphabet to entertain younger children and help them learn the letters.

The app can be used by children as young as three, and up to ten or even older to improve and reinforce their spelling and general literacy skills. The game is auto-corrective, and the three increasingly difficult levels are based on the word series defined in Montessori teaching according to the difficulty of each word.

You can download Montessori Crosswords for $4.99/Ă‚ÂŁ2.99 from the iPad App Store, in the Education category.

Source: L’Escapadou

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Huh... I just watched the video with sound, and I think I have an issue with this program.

Although it's got some great features, there's no verbalization of words/phonetics.

I think I just went from an immediate buy to holding off until the company who did the Montessori math program comes out with their letter/spelling app...

Damn :(

Most reactions