What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading Ebooks

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been having a lot of trouble loading ebooks into my wife's 1pad2
I have been loading books for her for about a year.
Lately though I'm having trouble doing that.
I go to itunes and load a bunch of books for her and then when I have an opportunity I'll take her ipad and sync it.
The trouble is only one or two books will load out of 20 or 30 books that I added to the library.
They are all checked of to sync. I even tried the sync "All books" but with the same results
I do find it weird that when I check off to load the checked books it will show a certain number. But when I select All Books I get a different number
If some one could help me out on the it would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

Good luck with your issue!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iTunes on the computer has a habit of stopping when it encounters a problem syncing a file (for that section). If there is a book that can not be synced, for whatever reason, it will stop syncing when it gets to that book.

You can do one of two things.

Carefully watch the status to see what book it stops on, hoping you don't miss it.

Or,

Half step. Select half the books you want to sync. If they all sync, select half the rest. If it does not sync, unselect half the current ones. This way you'll zero in on the problem book. Once you know what book it is, delete it, then re-import or download (depending on the source) to iTunes and see if it will sync. Hopefully it will work properly the next time.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"kaykaykay" the ebooks that I have are all downloaded from other sites. I have used these sites for quite some time without any problems.

I could see what you're saying "twerppoet" but, all the books that I loaded into itunes are there but not on the ipad. I was just assuming that if itunes accepted them that they would all transfer into the ipad.
I would hate to go through the whole process of deleting all the books and start from scratch - got over a 1000 books (all organized by author) big job haha

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"kaykaykay" the ebooks that I have are all downloaded from other sites. I have used these sites for quite some time without any problems.

Maybe Apple is stepping up anti-piracy efforts. If these books come from legit sources, can't you go to the vendor and ask for help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I could see what you're saying "twerppoet" but, all the books that I loaded into itunes are there but not on the ipad. I was just assuming that if itunes accepted them that they would all transfer into the ipad.
I would hate to go through the whole process of deleting all the books and start from scratch - got over a 1000 books (all organized by author) big job haha

In that case, you could try deselecting the books you added just before the problem started. You say most of them are not synced anyway. Or just deselect the last ones that did not sync.

If you choose to sync selected books, you can sort by date, to make it easier to figure out which ones were added last.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In that case, you could try deselecting the books you added just before the problem started. You say most of them are not synced anyway. Or just deselect the last ones that did not sync.

If you choose to sync selected books, you can sort by date, to make it easier to figure out which ones were added last.

I didn't realize you could sort by date. I think that may be my best bet. I'm not sure I'd be able to find the books otherwise.
Thank you

After posting, I tried to sort by date but I can't seem to find how to do that.
If I go to "search" in the upper right hand corner, I only can search by = All , Title, or Author.
Other than that I'm not able to find anywhere where it gives me the option to search or sort by date. I'm just not finding it. Sorry.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two ways.

One: Select the Books library, then the List view. If you don't see the Date Added in the column headers, right click on the header and turn it on. Click on the Date Added header to sort. You can change the order of the sort by clicking on it again.

SortBooks.jpeg

This lets you see a nice list, but you'll need to make note of what books you are concerned with for when you are setting up the sync. Which is why I recommend this next method instead.

Connect and select your iPad in iTunes on the computer. Go to the Book syncing tab. Choose the Sycn Books and Selected Books options. At the top of the Selected Books list, you can change the sort type to Sort By Date.

SortBooks2.jpeg

Good luck.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh Wow - Thank you very much. I thought I was pretty well up on all the stuff with itunes but... I didn't know anything about the sort and date etc etc.
You guys have been a big big help to me. And I thank you very much
Now, I gotta wait till I could get my hands on my wife's ipad so I could do all this for her. haha
Thanks again...

Most reactions

Latest posts