What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle for ipad2

janbeckham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going on a trip - will I be able to read a book on my ipad (kinde app) if there is no 3G or wi-fi?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, as long as you've already bought and downloaded whatever books you want to read. You can already do that by turning off your wi-fi or 3G, even if you never get on a plane or travel otherwise.

OP
J

janbeckham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! Just learning about my ipad 2 - This site is wonderful! :)
:)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem. Just make sure you buy AND download before you leave wi-fi or 3G range. You can buy Kindle books without downloading immediately, so if you forget to download and then later don't have wi-fi or 3G, you'll be stuck.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
janbeckham said:
I am going on a trip - will I be able to read a book on my ipad (kinde app) if there is no 3G or wi-fi?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

woodsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to ipad 2. Just downloaded the kindle app. It just comes up 'welcome to kindle' with nothing on there. Do you have to purchase books and videos on your regular desktop and then they will show up on your kindle app or what? Sorry but like I siad 'newbie'. Can you purchase on your ipad or no?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
woodsy said:
I am new to ipad 2. Just downloaded the kindle app. It just comes up 'welcome to kindle' with nothing on there. Do you have to purchase books and videos on your regular desktop and then they will show up on your kindle app or what? Sorry but like I siad 'newbie'. Can you purchase on your ipad or no?

You have to purchase books, but you can do it on the iPad through a few sites. I buy some through digireader lounge. They send me an email each day with a choice of books according to my preferences and I can select which ones I like through there and they download straight to the Kindle app. They have many free books also.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are alternatives, as Leelai mentions. I buy my Kindle books from the Kindle ebook store, via iPad.

Create an Amazon account if you don't already have one; buy ebooks (many are free, but you still go through the same steps as buying) from the ebook website; download books via the app; start reading.

Last edited:

woodsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I am asking and maybe 'not' getting is I downloaded the kindle app. How do you get to the kindle ebook store from there? if you have amazon prime membership can you borrow from the lending library kindle has or only on the kindle itself. sorry for so many questions......new to this.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get to the Kindle bookstore by going to the website via browser -- Safari or whichever you prefer. (There used to be a built-in link in the app, but Amazon removed it because Apple started demanding 30% of all sales made that way.)

Prime book borrowing works only on a Kindle or Kindle Fire device.

By the way, once you're on the Kindle ebook web page, you can save its icon to your home screen on iPad (by using the Add to Home Screen feature on Safari). That makes it more convenient to get to the bookstore time and again. Or you can bookmark it, of course.

Last edited:

woodsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much for your help...........this forum is helping me more than you know!

Most reactions

Latest posts