What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD PRO working in the cold

JellyP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m going to be working outside in a Nordic country for few days, It may get down to -10°C or lower.
I have used my iPad in the cold before, but this will be the coldest temperatures I'll put my iPad through.
Has anyone used their iPads in cold conditions before successfully?
Did you apply and utilise any particular measures (keep the iPad connected to a Power bank throughout the day, heat pads…)
Thanks for any help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m going to be working outside in a Nordic country for few days, It may get down to -10°C or lower.
I have used my iPad in the cold before, but this will be the coldest temperatures I'll put my iPad through.
Has anyone used their iPads in cold conditions before successfully?
Did you apply and utilise any particular measures (keep the iPad connected to a Power bank throughout the day, heat pads…)
Thanks for any help.
The minimum operating temperature recommended by Apple is 0°C. Using it in weather colder than that can temporarily shorten battery life and cause the iPad to shut down. Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

OP
J

JellyP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be heavy prolonged use - I use my iPad to make notes on film sets. I have been able to work on my iPad before in lower than 0°C temperatures, but never used it in really, really cold conditions. I'm aware I might need to go back to the older way of working taking notes with pen and paper. Just wondering if anyone had success in using an iPad when extremely cold.

Most reactions

Latest posts