What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini, anyone? Apple sets Oct. 23 event

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Right now, I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Windows Surface device, and a iPad Mini. I'll likely get two of the three, but it depends on the price of the Mini.

OP
K

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which other ones?

The MS Surface and a Samsung 10". I'm going to kick the tires at an MS store, but not buy yet, though. I want to see how Surface does on the market, and the version I'm most interested in (supposed to have full Windows 8), won't debut till next year. Meanwhile, I am waiting for delivery of my Kindle Fire HD 10" in November.

Last edited:

cliewmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'm wishing for in the iPad Mini is for it to be able to make phone calls with the 4G LTE version? Anyone knows if this is going to be the case? Samsung Galaxy Note 7" does have this feature. Interesting wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cliewmc said:
What I'm wishing for in the iPad Mini is for it to be able to make phone calls with the 4G LTE version? Anyone knows if this is going to be the case? Samsung Galaxy Note 7" does have this feature. Interesting wait.

The mini iPad is just that, an iPad. It will not have the ability to make phone calls. You will, however, be able to FaceTime someone who has another iDevice.
The cellular capability is only for cellular data connections and is activated through your cellular provider.

Last edited:

cliewmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57, hope you are wrong, I guess it goes against the IPad trend. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57, hope you are wrong, I guess it goes against the IPad trend. :)

You can get google phone and make calls that way on your iPad. You can also make calls using Skype. But expecting the iPad mini to become a real phone is the wrong thing to be hoping for, as it is very unlikely to happen.

Most reactions

Latest posts