What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 insurance

Johnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone just want to get some info on insurance for the iPad 2. Want to know if anyone can recommend any good company to go and any that should be avoided.

Many thanks.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Why not wait until your initial 12 months warrantee has expired before researching into a new one? And then, I plan on Apple care if I deem I need it, and by that I mean if I get the hint of any malfunctions over the first year.

So far, touch wood, my iPod touch has been as good as the day I bought it all those years ago. I find apple stuff of excellent quality so far

Last edited:

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not wait until your initial 12 months warrantee has expired before researching into a new one? And then, I plan on Apple care if I deem I need it, and by that I mean if I get the hi t of any malfunctions over the first year.

So far, touch wood, my iPod touch has been as good as the day I bought it all those years ago. I find apple stuff of excellent quality so far

That's probably excellent advise. Since this was my first real Apple product and I may be taking it places where it could be exposed to harsh conditions, I decided to go the SquareTrade route.

It does cover accidents, as opposed to Apple Care. Like any insurance, you hope you never need to use it.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an all risk policy that only cost me around $60 for the year.
Covers anything and everything that should happen such as breakage, theft, water damage, etc.
Price based on model. I have the most expensive due to 64G 3G.
Has a $50 deductible so I would recover $729 in my case.
Don't have info right now but can post in a day or two when I have access to policy.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not wait until your initial 12 months warrantee has expired before researching into a new one? And then, I plan on Apple care if I deem I need it, and by that I mean if I get the hint of any malfunctions over the first year.

I could be wrong but I don't think this is what the OP was referring to.
Your suggestion does not address dropping it a pool accidentally, or breaking the glass accidentally, or having it stolen.
Insurance as I alluded to in my prior post does.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Maybe.

My contents cover on my home insurance will/can be ordered to cover all miss haps. As for going out and about? Yup, I dunno. Not crossed my mind. But again, in my country your home contents insurance can be annexed for that kind of thing.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe.

My contents cover on my home insurance will/can be ordered to cover all miss haps. As for going out and about? Yup, I dunno. Not crossed my mind. But again, in my country your home contents insurance can be annexed for that kind of thing.

Insurance claims manager in the US for 29 years here.
Not sure how UK policies are written but generally, yes, the iPad is covered on a homeowners policy.
HOWEVER, for a loss to be covered, it must be as result of a specified peril.
While riders or floaters are available for all risk on some personal items, that ends up costing more in premium in return for said all risk coverage.
Furthermore, items maintained away from the home on a regular basis may be subject to reduced limits.
So, a fire to your home, theft in your home, all covered.
Drop it in the pool, or on the ground and damage it, mysterious disappearance, NOT covered.
Your grandson wrecking it on you (yes, call it crazy but I am a sucker for when that 4 year old asks to use it), not covered on your homeowners.

Lastly and more importantly, in my case as in the case of many, homeowner deductible is quite high. Mine is $1,000 and obviously more than the cost of the iPad. Also, claims may result in increased premium and loss of policy via cancellation. You can avoid all that for $60 a year and only a $50 deductible.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
yes, for me to specify an annex on specifics on my home insurance i'd pay. especially if taken out of the house. i certainly dont insure my guitars on my house insurance for the requirements i want.

London? well, there's tons of specific independent mobile phone insurers in this country (usually web based, much cheaperness) that offer fully comprehensive coverage for a minimal premium. most (or a lot) cover your 'mp3' player as well. do a google search and some research. im sure you'll find something.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if I can add my iPad to my guitar and public liability insurance? If it's used for music then it might be possible. I pay £300 a year for my musical equipment and guitars. Will give them a ring. It's insured in the house for everything including accidental damage anyway.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts