What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing Myself

hhornig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Harvey and I just bought my 5th Apple device, an iPad Air2. Actually it is a Christmas present for my wife. She will only use it for playing games and watching movies while we travel and I will play with it whenever she lets me.

I am retired and was considered very PC knowledgeable until my late sixties when I decided that I needed something more user friendly and bought a MacBook Pro. Since using it I found Apple had much more intuitive software than other systems. Now life is much more relaxing. I can spend more time on my other hobbies such as gardening and woodworking.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Harvey. We're always glad to help our fellow members with their questions and problems.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Harvey:) You've joined a good one with plenty of scope to express yourself and lots of knowledgable people here should you run into some worry with your new iPad.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My name is Harvey and I just bought my 5th Apple device, an iPad Air2..... She will only use it for playing games and watching movies while we travel and I will play with it whenever she lets me.

I am retired and was considered very PC knowledgeable until my late sixties when I decided that I needed something more user friendly and bought a MacBook Pro. Since using it I found Apple had much more intuitive software than other systems. Now life is much more relaxing. I can spend more time on my other hobbies such as gardening and woodworking.

Hi Harvey - I retired just over 3 years ago and last year decided to switch back to Apple products after 3 decades on PCs (work related & home compatibility) - have loved the change. Just replaced my old iPad 2 w/ the Air 2 and enjoying the new device.

As to hobbies, I'm also a woodworker w/ a great workshop, although I've not used it enough recently - need to get back down and smell the sawdust! Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to thr Forum!

I also moved to all Apple for home use, but still use windows at work. I find it nice to know both Operating Systems and to keep current with its changes. I enjoy Apple far more than I do Windows and have convinced my husband to also switch over. We both find the transition quite nice and have no trouble converting Pages Docs to Word docs, etc.

Enjoy!! :)

Ski ~ iPadforums Admin || iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts