What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How??

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I set my calender to be color coordinated?? I keep getting purple for everything i enter in. I want to be able to color coordinate it so I can have work, school, meetings all that seperate

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have to create extra calendars. You can not do this on the iPad. Instead you need to sync it with an online service, or your computer, and create the calendars there.

I recommend Google as an online solution. It is free, and not too difficult to set up. You also get the option of doing things in a browser.

When you create a Google account with email, you automatically get a calendar account too. You go there and set up as many calendars as you want, and name them what you want.

Then you set up your iPad. You'll want to use this alternate method to set up the account, instead of the default GMail one. Otherwise you only get one calendar.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

When the popup comes up asking what to do with calendar events, choose Merge (think that's what it offers). Whatever you do, do not choose delete or overwrite. Better to have double events you need to remove than lose them all.

After you've done this, go to m.google.com/sync in Safari on your iPad. You'll need to log in with your new Google account. Once you do select your iPad from the list and then select the calendars you want to sync.

The first time you open the Calendar app it might take a while for the calendars to appear. If they don't tap on the Calendar button to the left and see if they are all there, and checked as visible.

The colors don't always match the online colors. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they do then change later. I have no idea why or how to prevent it, but each calendar should have it's own unique color.

OP
K

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Twerppoet, I set up 4 different calenders in gmail calender and also set up the calender with days of work and school, but i only ended up getting 1 of the events out of the 4 on my iPad. I even followed the special way to set up gmail too :S any idea what i could be doing wrong?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The events, or the calendars?

Events can sometimes take a few minutes to sync.

For the calendars, did you visit the m.google.com/sync site on your iPad and check all the calendars for syncing?

Also, tap the Calendar button top left in the app and make sure all the calendars have checkmarks beside them.

OP
K

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ahh thats where I made a mistake i never went to the m.google.com/sync. It worked now! thanks a lot! :) Now i just got to figure out how to use the colors i want.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, like creating calendars, changing the colors can't be done from the app.

You can try setting them in Google Calendars from the web, but I had little luck getting them to sync. Then one day they did, all by themselves, and the next day changed again.

Another thing I did was go to the Account in Settings and turn the calendars off, then on again. Go to the Calendar app and see what they were, and repeat if I didn't like them. The choices seemed semi random.

Frustratingly, they changed again a few days later for reasons I've never figured out.

With MobileMe the colors sync nicely. But $99 is probably a bit much to pay just for a minor aesthetic improvement. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts