What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to connect an iPad to a monitor?

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I forgot to ask one thing. In Windows system we need to press some function key to get the signal to go to the projector or screen only or to repeat or to expand the screen. Do I need to do the same?

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm planning to purchase an Apple TV to experiment with connecting my iPad wirelessly to my projector so I can move about a room. I use my iPad connected to my projector in almost every class I teach and having the iPad tethered to a projector by a cable is often awkward.

rbtanderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the projector have an hdmi connection? then you jist need to hook up apple tv to projector and thenyou can wirelessly project from ipad to apple tv to monitor. look for the airplay symbol next to videos, websites,documents. very easy to do. no need to tether with a cable. if no hdmi connection to monitor, you will need adapter. hdmi to vga.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rbtanderson said:
Does the projector have an hdmi connection? then you jist need to hook up apple tv to projector and thenyou can wirelessly project from ipad to apple tv to monitor. look for the airplay symbol next to videos, websites,documents. very easy to do. no need to tether with a cable. if no hdmi connection to monitor, you will need adapter. hdmi to vga.

Thank you for your advice. I'm going to need that adapter because my projector doesn't have an hdmi port.

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, what you see on the ipad screen is what is displayed

Do you mean every time the projector or the monitor will simply repeat what is on the iPad as soon as the VGA adapter is connected without any procedure done on the iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts