What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I set my iPad to notice changes made in gmail from a PC?

G

garlicipad

SOLVED:How can I set my iPad to notice changes made in gmail from a PC?

I hope my thread title was clear enough but if it was not, I will try to better explain.

When I delete or move Gmail messages while using my iPad it can see those results in Gmail when I log in from another device i.e. my PC. However, when i erase emails from my Gmail account using my PC I can still see them when I launch Gmail from the iPad. Is there a way to setup Gmail so that all changes made from the iPad or my PC will update across all platforms? Thank you for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wpeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope my thread title was clear enough but if it was not, I will try to better explain.

When I delete or move Gmail messages while using my iPad it can see those results in Gmail when I log in from another device i.e. my PC. However, when i erase emails from my Gmail account using my PC I can still see them when I launch Gmail from the iPad. Is there a way to setup Gmail so that all changes made from the iPad or my PC will update across all platforms? Thank you for your help :)

The problem is not the iPad, but how the PC client is configured. Since you did not say which client you are using it's going to be difficult to explain how or even if you can correct the problem. In any case, check the configuration of the client for the option "delete from mail service when I delete" or something to that effect. You'll notice that on the iPad. Until you are able to set that the two clients will never be in sync as the PC will be takin git's queue from your mail provider.

OP
G

garlicipad

SOLVED:

I needed to access GMails settings from my PC and put Gmails IMAP settings to default. I believe the setting needed to be "Auto-Expunge on - Immediately update the server. (default)" I had it set to "archive the message"

Most reactions

Latest posts