What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I manage Photos or create folders using the Photo app?

PhilGH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have downloaded the photo app and sync my computer to transfer all my photos which has worked well. However, I cannot arrange the photos into albums, rename, delete etc.

What should I do or which app should I use.

thanks for any help

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad photo app is very rudimentary and frankly your best bet is to arrange your photos into folders before you add them to iTunes.
I've tried a number of apps but none of them are that useful :(
Just hopeing that it will be seriously improved with the next iOS upgrade.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's native Photo app cannot create folders and it cannot delete photos that have been synchronised with your PC. To create folders this needs to be done on the PC and then a sync. Similarly, to delete photos that were sychronised with the PC, they need to be deleted from the PC first and then synchronised again. Photos that were not synchronised - say they were received by email - can be deleted in the Photos app.

Most members use a third-party app; these enable you to create folders/albums, delete photos and organise them any way you want.

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish "most members" would recommend something good :)
Tried a couple, but they are long gone now.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. Downloading Photo Manager now.
Hope it's better than the last ones I tried. Funny there's no reviews though....

OP
P

PhilGH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help. I understand that if I had a mac and iphotos I could sort on the mac. It's a shame the iPad has limited functions at the moment.

Most reactions

Latest posts