What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I get photos on my camera roll to dropbox?

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get things from dropbox to my kindle or camera roll etc but can I get photos to dropbox so they are available to my iphone and pc?
I usually email photos but dropbox would be easier, can't believe there is not a way...hoping there is and I just don't know it yet, lol

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can get things from dropbox to my kindle or camera roll etc but can I get photos to dropbox so they are available to my iphone and pc?
I usually email photos but dropbox would be easier, can't believe there is not a way...hoping there is and I just don't know it yet, lol

Install the Dropbox app from the App Store. Once you have it installed follow these directions to upload a photo to Dropbox:

1. Open the Dropbox app and select a folder/destination
  2. There is an icon in the upper right corner, next to the share sheet icon, that looks like three small circles. tap it
  3. Press the Upload button/icon from the resulting drop-down menu and you'll be taken to the Camera Roll
  4. Select a photo from your Camera Roll to upload and tap the word "Upload" in the upper right corner

The uploaded file should now be sync'd with your Dropbox account. You're done :)

Dropbox is my default method of transferring files to/from my iOS devices and my laptop.

Last edited:
OP
Q

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I KNEW there had to be a way, why did I wait so long to ask! Now I love dropbox even more

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is an option in the Dropbox app's setting to auto-upload all your camera roll photos and videos to DropBox; and they expand your storage space (at no charge) to accommodate those photos, sort of, up to a 3GB limit. Here is what they have to say about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/287/en

The DropBox app should have asked you if you wanted to do this when you first installed/ran the app. If not, or you said no, you can turn it on using the Settings icon (gear) in the app.

I don't use it, but I know people that swear by it.

OP
Q

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, I knew about that option, but do not want to do that at all, but selectively add them to dropbox, and now I can, but thanks for the reply, someone else may be able to use the info

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I KNEW there had to be a way, why did I wait so long to ask! Now I love dropbox even more

You're quite welcome, I'm glad you have the issue sorted :)

There is an option in the Dropbox app's setting to auto-upload all your camera roll photos and videos to DropBox; and they expand your storage space (at no charge) to accommodate those photos, sort of, up to a 3GB limit. Here is what they have to say about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/287/en

The DropBox app should have asked you if you wanted to do this when you first installed/ran the app. If not, or you said no, you can turn it on using the Settings icon (gear) in the app.

I don't use it, but I know people that swear by it.

Thanks for that, I had no idea that Dropbox expanded your limit free of charge like that, that was the one thing keeping me from using that feature.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
yes, I knew about that option, but do not want to do that at all, but selectively add them to dropbox, and now I can, but thanks for the reply, someone else may be able to use the info

Which is why I don't use it. I prefer to use Photo Stream's Shared Albums instead. I have a Mac, so I can get to them using the iPhoto or Aperture apps; or I upload the photos to Aperture using a USB cable every now and then.

Most reactions

Latest posts