What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Wigan

apiarist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently purchased an ipad mini !
Just finding my way around it .I have also bought a knomo case for it but can't config it's magnetic sleep\awaken feature ?
John

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there John and welcome.

I lived in Leigh for a short period!

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, etc. and iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the forum rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://help.apple.com/ipad/6/ and here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for iOS 4, 5, 6, etc.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/ and for iPhone users, come and join in the discussion over at http://www.iphoneforums.net

The Archangel

OP
A

apiarist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently purchased an ipad mini !
Just finding my way around it .I have also bought a knomo case for it but can't config it's magnetic sleep\awaken feature ?
John
Hi again, thank you for the welcome :D , Nothing wrong with the ipad settings ! the problem is with the knomo folio case . This applies only to the black one . the magnet is in the wrong place :( I have searched various sites 'Amazon advertises the sleep/awaken feature for all colours' . 'John lewis doesn't state any thing for the black one but does for the other two colours .
I've since looked at the packaging and found a hastily stuck on label covering the feature .
I think Knomo rushed out the first batch of these folios without seeing anything short of a mock up , net result they have a production run of folios where the magnet would have been correct had the mimi ipad switch had been in the same position as it is in the full sized ipad !
Incidentally all three are equally priced which is a little ingenuous to my way of thinking /.
I contacted the company yesterday and the girl assured me the black one should function and suggested I check 'settings' After discovering the fault I shall have to wait until Monday as the voice mail box is full :D .
I will return this item under the 'distance selling laws' but will pursue the company for a proper explanation of the sales strategy 'BE WARNED'
John

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again, thank you for the welcome :D , Nothing wrong with the ipad settings ! the problem is with the knomo folio case . This applies only to the black one . the magnet is in the wrong place :( I have searched various sites 'Amazon advertises the sleep/awaken feature for all colours' . 'John lewis doesn't state any thing for the black one but does for the other two colours .
I've since looked at the packaging and found a hastily stuck on label covering the feature .
I think Knomo rushed out the first batch of these folios without seeing anything short of a mock up , net result they have a production run of folios where the magnet would have been correct had the mimi ipad switch had been in the same position as it is in the full sized ipad !
Incidentally all three are equally priced which is a little ingenuous to my way of thinking /.
I contacted the company yesterday and the girl assured me the black one should function and suggested I check 'settings' After discovering the fault I shall have to wait until Monday as the voice mail box is full :D .
I will return this item under the 'distance selling laws' but will pursue the company for a proper explanation of the sales strategy 'BE WARNED'
John

G'day John! I feel 99% sure from reading the above that you may have tried this, but just to make that extra 1% sure, did you do this?
Settings>General>"iPad Cover Lock/Unlock" ... Slide to ON?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
A

apiarist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checked that first thing, the prob is defo a manufacturing error . Maybe a stick on magnet would if the correct strength retrieve the situation instead of sliding it onto the market via the back door IMHO :)
John

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Checked that first thing, the prob is defo a manufacturing error . Maybe a stick on magnet would if the correct strength retrieve the situation instead of sliding it onto the market via the back door IMHO :)
John

OK thanks apiarist. It does look like the problem is to do with the iPad cover. If you can get out of the present situation by getting money back on it, that will leave the door open for you to get a decent cover. By the way, I love honey!
Regards, Andrew

OP
A

apiarist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,
My honey is delicious :) Pity Autralia has pretty strict import controls !
English/British bees are not treated with antibiotics as is the case with the rest of Europe!
I am in contact with company ,however the item will be returned whatever the outcome.
G'day John

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,
My honey is delicious :) Pity Autralia has pretty strict import controls !
English/British bees are not treated with antibiotics as is the case with the rest of Europe!
I am in contact with company ,however the item will be returned whatever the outcome.
G'day John

Hi John Yes that is a great pity. I enjoy a delicious marmalade for brekky, imported from the UK. Pity that can't be the same for honey. I know my wife and I enjoyed some interesting honey flavours on a motoring holiday through Britain staying at various B&Bs. Imports of quite a few things are restricted here. On Kangaroo Island ( off South Australia where I live ) they pride themselves on having the original strain of the Italian Liguria bees. Lovely honey, but naturally it being all part of this protection business.
Your decision seems the way to go.
All the best, Andrew

OP
A

apiarist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again. The British bee is now mongrelised by mellifica lingusta, carniola , buckfast(which is a hybrid anyway)
Some enthusiasts pretend they can breed true British blacks but I doubt it :)
John

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again. The British bee is now mongrelised by mellifica lingusta, carniola , buckfast(which is a hybrid anyway)
Some enthusiasts pretend they can breed true British blacks but I doubt it :)
John

Amazing what you learn in this forum. Getting off topic, I know, but a closing thought:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354594759.191010.jpg
They would probably be busy breeding these
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts