What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

elltell new member

elltell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, having read the forum and viewed the information passed I have now joined.
I see a genuine effort on all sides in giving assistance to the solving of problems, and several outstanding people giving the answers with patience.
Reading other folks answers also help as this may solve ones own problem.
Thank you ADMIN for your welcome.
Elltello.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as you guessed, I do have a question.
I am going to Tenerife and will be taking my PAD and need to be in contact with my broker in england.
Will my pad still be able to operate as in england? and what do I need to do to ensure wireless contact over there?
Help from anyone will be appreciated.

You will have no problems if you are happy to accept data roaming charges. But you might need (a) to check with your service provider that roaming is enabled on your account, sometimes it isn't by default and you have to arrange for them to switch it on and (b) when you get there go to the iPad's Settings app and under 'cellular data' enable roaming.

If the roaming costs worry you, then I would suggest purchasing a local SIM when you get there as the costs will be considerably less.

However Tenerife has WiFi virtually everywhere - hotels, bars, malls, restaurants etc so you probably won't need 3G too much.

If you need a list of service providers and coverage in Tenerife I can send you some information

Tim
Scotland

OP
E

elltell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, Tim, If I am in a Wi Fi area, say an internet caf'e, if I switch on the ipad it would use the nearest freepoint? and it would be the same as at home?
elltell

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - if there's free WiFi you'd join the network automatically - you would (probably) get a pop-up screen asking you to confirm that you want to join (there's an option for that in 'Settings'). It might be an unencrypted network - but one that's *not* free - in which case you'd be redirected to the service provider's web site where you'd be invited to sign up for a, say, 1 hour period and have to enter your credit card details. But many franchises these days - i.e. Starbucks, MacDonalds - including most hotels, motels etc offer completely free WiFi access. Once you'd accepted the 'pop up' message you're in!!!!

You'll be surprised - WiFi is everywhere...

Have a great time there - and, please, send iPad Forum your experiences...

Tim
Scotland

OP
E

elltell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I-Pad abroad question

many thanks to you Tim, I now know what to do, and once again thank you for your quick response.
elltell.

Most reactions

Latest posts